Landing Pad

wju

Reaction score
3ad52c728d942202537337eaa50e90b9.jpg

I live in Virginia and flat ground is sometimes hard to find, mostly uneven so usually when landing it tips over and the blades dig in. On my phantom vision 2+ I just caught it but the p3p has wires on every leg so I've seen some of the guys on here made they're on landing pads and I thought that was a great idea so here's what I came up with

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice. What materials of construction? How heavy and can you fold it?

I may make one although I have a frozen lake at the moment to use.

3ad52c728d942202537337eaa50e90b9.jpg

I live in Virginia and flat ground is sometimes hard to find, mostly uneven so usually when landing it tips over and the blades dig in. On my phantom vision 2+ I just caught it but the p3p has wires on every leg so I've seen some of the guys on here made they're on landing pads and I thought that was a great idea so here's what I came up with

I just ordered this to see if I could adapt it to something:

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 8.02.45 PM.png

I use an inexpensive black plastic hot water heater pan easily obtainable at any hardware store. Flip it over and it works quite nicely. The aluminum one would work too, lighter and more rigid.

I made mine with 1/4 inch plywood 2x2 ft sanded painted bright yellow and placed the reflective tape around the edges so if landing at dust or night the pad could be seen. It does not fold but fits in the car with no problem at all. As I said on my first post here in Virginia it's had to find level ground sometimes and landing in even 3-5 inch tall grass with the bottom gimbal guard the drone tips over so this is what I came up with to suit my needs. I also carry several pieces of small 2x4 blocks for leveling.. So far this works great

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl