Lake Roland Dam Baltimore MD

Consoleking said:
Was flying for a few minutes than was told by a park ranger any flying air craft is not allowed in the park.
I told him I read the sign for regulations before I got my Phantom out and it did not say anything about flying anything.
He said we are getting new signs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Knji87hvA

Not only is it prohibited to fly RC aircraft in a Maryland park, its also prohibited to operate an RC car...even the quiet electric variety! When I did my Ft. Smallwood Park footage, one of the rangers stopped by. She mentioned operating an RC in the park wasn't allowed. At the time, I was parked at the water's edge. I pointed out that I was not operating the Phantom over or in the park, except for the brief moment of takeoff & landing, and noted that it was flying over the waters of the Chesapeake Bay. You couldn't even see it at the time, so I showed her the Phantom's view looking at us from the FPV on my phone. Fortunately she thought that was pretty cool and just told me to be careful.

Life in the "Free State," where parks are for walking and sitting quietly like docile little drones... :roll:

Dirty Bird said:
Life in the "Free State," where parks are for walking and sitting quietly like docile little drones... :roll:

That's actually part of why I chose to live in Virginia instead of Maryland when I moved down to the area in '98. I recall that a number of years ago one of the bigger news magazines had an article rating each of our states and how "free" they were... Maryland at the time was ranked near the bottom (along with NY and I believe CA).

The prohibition on operating this stuff in state parks is ridiculous and without any basis in sound reason, IMHO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl