Just wondering if I have offended everyone hear

Reaction score
On march 26 I posted that I need help with FPV. Pertaining to right battery for my system and over heating transmitter, had 54 views but no one replied. Just wondering What went wrong.
Thanks Still needing some help
lefty8415

Guys I need some advice on my FPV combo kit I got from Nitoplanes. As I went to set it up I found the instruction where just plan junk with a capital J. Well I emailed NP and did not get a reply. I tried 3 times butt to no avail. so a friend help to get the wiring sorted out. And I was on pins and needles the first time I put power to it. I Thought it would smoke on me but it worked. Hear are my concerns'. For my power supply I am using E-flite 2c 800 mAh 5.9 Wh Lipo on Both the transmitter and the receiver. Will this be sufficient and what kind of time will I get for work runtime? Next after I powed up the Tansmitter got very hot. It has shrink tub on it,[It is a 200mW Tx] can I cut the shrink tube off to cool it down? Or do I need to replace it? This is my first try at FPV so any help and I will be grateful. The link below can give you a idea what I have
lefty8415
http://www.nitroplanes.com/05p225-fpv-system.html

Unlikely anyone took offense to you or your post. If anything it is because it is a very specific bit of kit that not many people have adopted (and hence less support). Likewise it was posted in the general section when you would be better off putting it in 'Help' or 'Video'.... sometimes it just comes down to active threads pushing it down beyond the view too.

My advice based on your questions:

Firstly that battery 'should' be fine for both. The amount of time you get is really hard to say because it totally depends on how efficient the units are. Personally I'd bin the battery on the vTX and power it directly from the Phantom itself (via soldering an aux power output from the main battery terminals on the main board). You don't say what Phantom you have and if its a v1 then you will already have one of these waiting to be used.

All vTX's get very hot (like too hot to touch). The antenna is a massively important part of the heat sink so if you did power on without the antenna attached it 'could' have overheated and died. If not then it will be fine. Personally I'd leave the heat shrink on as they've put it there for a reason.

Don't forget this is designed for flight so it will be cooled when flying up in the air (via airflow).

Hope that helps answer your questions.

lefty8415 said:
On march 26 I posted that I need help with FPV. Pertaining to right battery for my system and over heating transmitter, had 54 views but no one replied. Just wondering What went wrong.
Thanks Still needing some help
lefty8415

I look at most posts but I only respond to what I can based on a generally limited knowledge. I'm new to this hobby and have no electronics skill whatsoever. But I know I have had plenty of questions answered so I think its just an issue of people not knowing how to respond. This forum has become an essential part of my Phantom flying and everyone seems to be extraordinarily helpful posting tips, comments, videos, etc. So I agree with what others have said, no offense taken by anyone, just an issue of people not having an answer. That's another good thing about this forum: there is minimal BS!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl