ITELITE DBS Mod - need some help

Reaction score
All,

I've been doing research in this forum (so glad I found it, love all the resources) about increasing range, and based on my very novice opinion, I think I want to use the ITELITE DBS Mod for my P3S. I've watched a few videos and am pretty sure I'll screw something up. Are there companies (or anyone here) that will do the mod for a reasonable service fee? Trust me, I just installed a garbage disposal at home and that's about my hands on limit with anything that takes electricity.

It can be done successfully. Just take your time with it. Actually, the part that irritated me the most was getting the hot glue off the connectors so I could get the wires off. They use some really tough stuff. If you've watched the vid's you should have a good idea how it's done......but I can't stress enough.....go slow and take it easy. You can handle it!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Is there a general consensus for which video is most helpful with the install for a noob?

Try Msinger's site Phantomhelp.com. Check P3S at the top, scroll down to modifications for the antennas. Listed will be the Itelite mod with a video link. I referred to this to do my mod.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Dbsmods will do it for you. See their webpage. Never mind. Their website says "Install Service Suspended..."

Last edited:
Dbsmods will do it for you. See their webpage. Never mind. Their website says "Install Service Suspended..."
Looks like ITELITE will do it also. Just talked to them and they're getting me a quote to do the work.

Reactions: Pharm
Looks like ITELITE will do it also. Just talked to them and they're getting me a quote to do the work.
Can you let me know what the price is? I have offers of help on here but they are a ways away. I just want it done right.

Yes, $100 flat for the install. Must ship to California. Turn around time about 2-3 days.

Reactions: Toddf
I believe DBS put a hold on installs because after people got them done then did a FW update causing signal issues they were blaming him for "poor range". You can also try Maxxuav for the install if your not confident doing it yourself

Reactions: Toddf
I believe DBS put a hold on installs because after people got them done then did a FW update causing signal issues they were blaming him for "poor range". You can also try Maxxuav for the install if your not confident doing it yourself
Is there a firmware update known to conflict with the ITELITE DBS mod?

No but some people have range issues after that one FW update a few months ago. I dont recall which FW but DBS mentioned on his FB thats why he wasnt going to mod RC's until it was all cleared up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

You shouldn't even need a video. Simple screws, scraping goo off, drilling 3 holes, connecting new cables and gluing them. 2 connections go to the 2.4 and 1 to the 5.8

I would never pay $100 for something this simple. Seriously, take your time and it should take no more than an hour. It took me 15 minutes total.

Sent from my phone by pushing buttons with my fingers

I would go with the clean install kit from Jake at MaxxUAV. it's simple and good accompanying video.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You shouldn't even need a video. Simple screws, scraping goo off, drilling 3 holes, connecting new cables and gluing them. 2 connections go to the 2.4 and 1 to the 5.8

I would never pay $100 for something this simple. Seriously, take your time and it should take no more than an hour. It took me 15 minutes total.

Holy cow, $$$100., that's the price of the whole RC right? That's like when people pay $100 just for labor to a shop to change the oil, spark plug and air filter in their lawn mower. That you can buy for $20.

How do i know which connections are the 2.4 and 5.8. I have my RC apart and glue all scraped off. Ready to connect new cables. I didnt know if it matter which cables went where. I noticed on the back of the antenna it has ports 1 2 & 3.

How do i know which connections are the 2.4 and 5.8. I have my RC apart and glue all scraped off. Ready to connect new cables. I didnt know if it matter which cables went where. I noticed on the back of the antenna it has ports 1 2 & 3.
There are many threads and youtube videos about the install, just do some searching.
Here's one:
Here's one more:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl