Is there any new 1-inch sensor that we know of for P5?

Reaction score
New ICL and better glass is nice and all sure, but do we know if there has been a new 1 inch sensor released since the one in the P4P?

From what I’ve read the one in P4P is the same as in RX100 mark III. Possibly, the P5 might get the one used in later versions, shouldn’t it?

New ICL and better glass is nice and all sure, but do we know if there has been a new 1 inch sensor released since the one in the P4P?
From what I’ve read the one in P4P is the same as in RX100 mark III. Possibly, the P5 might get the one used in later versions, shouldn’t it?
No details have leaked out except for images - new ones showed up this week that suggest they have something that looks like a finished product.
I just wish they would hurry up and take my money.
I've got some subjects that would look great with a narrower FOV.

Reactions: DKG13CC
No details have leaked out except for images - new ones showed up this week that suggest they have something that looks like a finished product.
Yes I have seen them and the video. Looks very neat.

Reason I am asking is I consider jumping on the M2P instead. The portability factor is a great deal for me and the whole 4K subpixel-binning is not an issue. I only deliver in 1080p so the image will be subpixel-binned in transcoding anyway.

But if the sensor would be greatly improved, it might be worth going P5.

Link to the images, [emoji51], ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor