Is signal required between ac and rc when using waypoints in litchi app

Reaction score
I thought that commands to execute a waypoint mission within litchi app came from a satellite. My friend thinks they are held within the aircraft. Then I saw a Video on YouTube, where a guy seemed to think commands came from rc. Does anyone know for sure ?

you upload the mission to the aircraft , it can then complete the mission even if you lose connection to your RC , this is why many people who have the P3S with limited range love Litchi

Reactions: blomdido
When the mission is uploaded, it is stored on the Aircraft itself, nothing to do with the RC. You can always cancel the mission should the need arise and regain manual control, assuming you still have connection to the AC from the RC. Otherwise, if you lose RC connection to the AC, the aircraft will continue the mission until completion, again assuming you have battery power to complete. Don't confuse "Loss of Signal" ( Uplink ), with "Loss of Video and Telemetry" ( Downlink ). They are two different entities. It will complete with loss of either or both, but if you lose Uplink, you cannot regain manual control.

I thought that commands to execute a waypoint mission within litchi app came from a satellite. My friend thinks they are held within the aircraft. Then I saw a Video on YouTube, where a guy seemed to think commands came from rc. Does anyone know for sure ?
Just curious what satellite you thought the commands would come from. And how the commands would get onto the satellite to begin with.

Just curious what satellite you thought the commands would come from. And how the commands would get onto the satellite to begin with.

I kinda feel a bit silly now. I guess I thought the same satellites that holds drones’ position in the air, might receive commands. When rc says “ uploading mission”.

I kinda feel a bit silly now. I guess I thought the same satellites that holds drones’ position in the air, might receive commands. When rc says “ uploading mission”.
Ha. it's all good. That's how we learn. For ryour eference, your GPS receiver (whether that's in your drone, your phone, your car, or wherever) doesn't transmit. It's only a receiver. We (recreational GPS users) do not have any ability to transmit information to a GPS satellite.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT