P4 Firmware Is it possible to get an old version of Go to go with old firmware?

Reaction score
Not strictly a P4 issue, more of a problem in general with the Go and Go4 app. I know it is at least theoretically possible to get old firmware, but what happens if you have old firmware but a newer version of the app?

Remember back when DJI decided to do the forced live NFZ updates (just before the Spark launched)? Well I decided not to update my app, or firmware, once I heard that was in the new version, and I have not updated since. Either one, Go and Go4.

I am happy with the old version and my outdated firmware, everything works fine, however, I have just ordered an M1 Gimbal to use with my Osmo+, which would be fine, except I have an IPhone X, DJI is supposedly working on a fix for the optical stabilization issue, and I have taken them at their word, but if they do that the fix will require me to upgrade my app and or firmware. That might be a problem.

Is it possible to create a backup of my old app so I can redownload it from the App Store if I don’t like the new version? If so, how? Can it be done outside of the App Store? If so, how?

What about the firmware? Is it possible to go back to old firmware on the Osmo series as well as the Phantom’s? I would need a version to match my old app if I went back.

On a related note, is my information out of date? Did DJI ever correct the dynamic NFZ problem or implement that “privacy mode” they were talking about? Does using privacy mode inhibit function in anyway? Do the maps still load? Am I using old software for no reason?

I use (If needed) DJI go 2.9.1. Firewalled and dji blocked from update demands. Maps are google and they work well. Phantom firmware used is 1.10.0090. I don't update further than this and everything works as it should.

Last edited:
Scrolling down shows all revisions available. I ddn't see you had a....apple.... thing... sorry. I'm android and can do more than apple allows.

Reactions: Apilot101
Could upgrade your phone at the same time and grab those older APK files for a shiny new android :)

Not sure if making a backup of your phone is an option, knowing apple they'll force the latest on you if you were to restore.

Could of try litchi for the drone and use latest djigo go the osmo?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart