iPads and sun do not mix

May I offer a little advice guys. A friend of mine lives in Sydney and he had exactly the problem mentioned here. He made up a cardboard "periscope" type sun blocker. He raved about it, he reckons it;'s best and the cheapest accessory he's ever purchased for his quadcopter. At least that was up until 2 weekends ago. He was having fun at his local park flying his quadcopter along with a friend who had a similar setup.

Whilst flying and completely oblivious to what was going on anywhere but in their sun blockers a couple of kind gentlemen decided they wanted everything they weren't using at the time. A quadcopter and transmitter, a spare pair of Fat Shark goggles a box of LiPo's and a box of parts, what really upset my friend was the cigarettes they took as well. All up over $1,000 worth and they didn't hear a thing. The first thing they knew about it was when they went to change batteries.

So be very careful you have everything locked up if you're not using it. I can't believe how blatant they were, in broad daylight and with a few feet of the owners. My friend tells me he's taking a non flyer with him next time, just to stand guard.

I still have a heck of a time seeing the screen of my iPad while flying, I've purchased a hood and I have had some success. But I still find it difficult to see which way I am pointing, if I want to capture some video, and I fly my route, then stop to turn to either come back or get another view' it's really hard to see. Also after getting out anywhere from 200-300 feet, for me it's hard to see the red lights on a sunny day. Just wondering if others have this issue , and any good ways to deal with this.
ps. I'm nearly 60 and wear glasses, maybe it's time to retire! [emoji15]
Agree100%. At 82yrs old life throws some challenges, but I work around them. Ipad mini 2; added a non reflecting screen cover. Wear a large full brimmed hat. (Don't like it but it helps!) Launch the a/c and try to find a shady spot - tree to provide shade, and/or open the door of the van and sit partially inside. Aware of the sun direction when planning a picture shoot. Not perfect, takes patience, but very able to enjoy most flights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West