Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Ipad Air on AT&T cellphone

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Manuel Gonzalez, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Manuel Gonzalez

This is a newbie question(I have flown an P2V+ from a Friend... just got a P3P) :

My Ipad Air is AT&T (LTE) enabled. Should I shutdown the cellphone capabilities?
    Has anyone used the LTE capabilities for live streaming using the Ipad data link?

2. jlo

jlo

You don't have to shutdown cellular.

I don't know about your other question, I have not used those functions.

3. loganboyd

I have an iPad Air 2 WifI and I connect it to my iPhone 6 and use my Verizon LTE conenction to stream to YouTube Live

4. vmp

vmp

Well, if you want to stream to youtube, you need some kind of connectivity.

I have streamed to youtube using an iPad Air 2 with AT&T LTE and also with the same iPad connected to my iPhone as an hotspot. I have bad signal where I live to the quality was not that great. I did notice that when I was streaming to youtube, the distance that I could travel in the phantom before losing signal was greatly impacted.

5. Buckaye

That's gotta be pretty hard on the data plan?

6. Julius717

I use ipad air 2 on at&t. I youtube stream also not problems. Definitely keep cellular data in for map caching and what not. I'll check my data usage and see what's it's used. Basically a dedicated tablet just for the p3

7. vmp

vmp

I just flew 6000+ feet with the iPad on Airplane mode and had no signal problems whatsoever. I then landed it, took it off airplane mode and started having signal issues around 2000 feet out. The route was slightly different so that could be why. I will test it again tomorrow, but taking the same route that I did when I was on airplane mode.