Invalid Battery on Phantom Vision..Advice needed.

Geert could you write the part number down, as the photo you posted, when you zoom in its a bit blurry. I'll then order the new power block and and hope to do that next week.
Cheers

Update on battery, spoke to my dealer and I have to return it for tests. Apparently they have had a few with similar symptoms, so fingers crossed I'll get a replacement.

Just as a side thought, I keep the Phantom stored with no battery in the compartment. The pins therefore are fully extended at rest and only make contact with the aircraft when being used. The batteries would vibrate about a bit when being transported etc if they were kept in the craft. Might help?

CBS

happydays said:
Just as a side thought, I keep the Phantom stored with no battery in the compartment. The pins therefore are fully extended at rest and only make contact with the aircraft when being used. The batteries would vibrate about a bit when being transported etc if they were kept in the craft. Might help?

CBS

Only ever put batteries in when I'm about to fly.

Geert said:
Shedracer said:
Geert could you write the part number down, as the photo you posted, when you zoom in its a bit blurry. I'll then order the new power block and and hope to do that next week.
Cheers

Update on battery, spoke to my dealer and I have to return it for tests. Apparently they have had a few with similar symptoms, so fingers crossed I'll get a replacement.

It is Spare Part Nr. 6 Internal Power Supply

Geert.

Thanks Geert.

I'm having this same problem. A ton of $$$ that will not fly ... I've only flown mine 4 times and now this.

"Not DJI Intelligent Battery" - I guess that after flying 4 times (or simply upgrading firmware) the battery goes 'unintelligent'.

The problem is, I'm pretty sure that not even a new battery will solve this problem ...

These are my current versions:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 11.54.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 11.54.48 AM.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 546
I unfortunately 'upgraded' my Phantom 2 and now it says "Not DJI Intelligent Battery"

Here are my current versions:

Can anyone help a novice? I've only flown it 4 times, and now this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 11.54.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 11.54.48 AM.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 502
I have 4 batteries.. and one of them always gets the MC Invalid Battery..in mid flight..
I checked the gold contact circles and looks brand new just like the other batteries.

It was the first battery I've been using before I upgraded from Firmware 1.08 to 2.0..
As soon as I upgraded to Firmware 2.0, I started to get the MC Invalid Battery error message..

Only till I upgraded to 3.0, both Firmware 2.0 to 3.0 and Controller Board to .25-> .27 did the MC battery error go away.
They key item that made the MC Battery Invalid go away was the CB Board Firmware upgrade from a really old version to the now .27 version.

But I still want to know why my first reliable battery always flakes out now? It wasn't before on Firmware 1.08; zero problems with the version.

I'd like to downgrade the CB firmware from .27 to .25 or even .24.. The only thing I've been able to do is to downgrade from 3.0 to 2.0 but not the CB Firmware versions.

Does anyone know how to downgrade the CB Firmwawre versions?

I'd like to downgrade the CB firmware from .27 to .25 or even .24.. The only thing I've been able to do is to downgrade from 3.0 to 2.0 but not the CB Firmware versions.

Some of this sounds like the issue I am having too with the original battery that came with the P2V that I got late November. I have since then also got 2 more new batteries and they do not cause a problem. What I am getting when I place the battery in the UAV is that fact that the battery is charged, or also, 89%, but the alert comes on and it is in red. Serial number on this battery is 964. Version 1.6.0.0

Now that I am reading all my batteries, I see they have made a lot of them since my first. Last battery is 10968, so that is 10,000 batteries since mine in Nov 2013. Now this battery is Version 2.0.0.0

Phantom 2 Vision
UAV Pilot 4 Fun - Allan
Cypress TX
ZWolf.TX

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399235839.800717.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399235839.800717.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 383
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399236706.759596.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1399236706.759596.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 342
just got my p2v back from DJI after it fell out of the sky they did not say what was wrong with it or what as been done to it before it went to DJI was coming up invalid battery. 8 weeks they had it for they have fixed the battery fault but something is still not right its flys like a bag of **** keeps losing power to the motors will not hover its all over the place only getting 10 min out of the battery have done all the updates you name it ive done it to try and get it to fly right again imu is saying the mc is to hot if that's the main chip on the pcb board because that is still getting red hot with in sec did I tell DJI all this yes looks like all they have done is put the new power pin's in do I want it dropping out of the sky at 200ft again no so its going back and will keep going back until DJI sort it out

Yes run them all down to 8% how it flys now to how it was before it just came down is unbelievable its like its in manual even when there is no wind its all over the place it like flying one of my heils you have got to keep your fingers on the controls at all times best thing I can do is send it back again and let dji sort it out

I have know fitted a new pcb board I was going to send it back to dji but I did not fancy not having it for a other 8 weeks my p2v is now flying right again its not all over the place and it will stay in hover the chip on the pcb board is not getting red hot not like before the bat seem ok now don't know if it because they have not been used for over 8 weeks but all is ok now I am happy with my p2v once again

I just started getting the invalid battery issue and in the software "Not DJI Intelligent battery" message. I have read around alot and someone suggested putting some lubricant on the connector pins inside the phantom. I used some amsoil synthetic and it actually worked. I did a couple of test flights and the error has not shown up. Anyone else have luck with this?

Been a while for me on here, and reading the messages here is starting to make me wonder what happened with me last week.

I too have seen the message "Not a DJI intelligent battery" message just as I power up, but then it goes away. Not sure which battery this was doing this with at this time. I have 3 batteries in all, but now only have one good one I can depend on.

Battery SN 964: This battery is giving me problems stating that it is low or should I say the low battery alerts sounds when in flight while I am pushing the P2V in to the wind, battery shows to be 85% charged or better, so why the alerts?

Battery SN 10968: Last week my P2V fell out of the sky and I know I was near power lines, but I did not think I was that close to them and I guess I looked away for a second and then I saw the P2V falling down. When I got to the P2V, the battery was showing on, but no LEDs on the P2V to show it had power. I am not sure if I hit the power lines, or it just looked like I was close to them.

Email to DJI basically said to call in and get an RMA on them. So tomorrow that us what I will be doing.

On another note repairs: back in February I had to send my unit in because the GPS failed, and my turnaround time was about two weeks if that. Maybe I was just lucky!

Phantom 2 Vision
UAV Pilot 4 Fun - Allan
Cypress TX

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

While flying today I received a battery error on my iPhone in mid Flight indicating, "Battery Communication Failure...Fly with Caution". The message came 2 times intermittently and very fast as I wasn't able to copy it from my iPhone...though along with the message a "MC" icon appeared. I've checked the battery via the Assist program and all seems to be OK, however I headed back out and the same error occurred again. In any event, I'm going to sideline the battery until I can get a grasp on it.

Radio Shack carries a small contact cleaner with 2 aerosol cans. The product is called DeOxit. You spray the contacts with the cleaner and let them set for a specified time. If there is any oxidation, the contacts will turn black. Brush the contacts off and do the process again, until the contacts no longer turn black.

Next, treat it with the ther aerosol, which is the preventative coating.

If I remember correctly, the kit is under $20.00, and it shoud let you do a few cleanings with the small aerosol cans that come with it.

This kit was developed to keep silver and gold coated contacts clean, without damaging the coating with abrasives.

The spring loaded pins on the bottom of the battery connector seem to be the weak points. The contact mating needs to be near perfect. Doesn't matter how strong the battery is, if these contacts tell the NAZA that the battery is dead, or not present, the NAZA seems to accept the data as valid.

Another area where some error checking would be a welcomed addition. When you tighten up on the sensor routines, there needs to be a watchdog to monitor the integrity of the data.

Since it is a proprietary system, all we can do is guess and second guess, then try to find a mechanical solution to a firmware issue .

I got my first "Invalid Battery" message tonight. I rebooted everything to no avail. Popping the battery out and back in again, solved it. Those stupid pins !!!

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart