I'm a bit confused regard Litchi and lost signal

Reaction score
I understood that if, while on a Litchi mission, my P4P loses contact with my RC, it will continue the mission to the end. Now...

Reading the P4P Release Notes regarding Firmware V01.04.0602:

"For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected
or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."

So, here's my question:

Does that mean my P4P will abort its mission or dive down to 98.4 feet when/if RC signal is lost during said mission?

Thank you,

Boatner

"For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected
or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO 4 and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."
This is only applicable to DJI GO, not Litchi. And you only have to log in once, then log out after a firmware update.

Hmmm. What confuses me is the part "... and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft." *But* if Litchi works, I'll buy that.

The only thing I can think of that they would be referring to is if you can fly your aircraft without any app; is is possible to fly it Atti without using any type of tablet?

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

You can fly in gps mode and I also belive all other modes as well with no tablet. Just rc and aircraft is all you need.

You have to be careful when you read the text. First, yes you can fly in GPS or ATTI with no device whatsoever but that sort of defeats the purpose of a relatively pricey aircraft just for that. Second, as I mentioned in the first sentence, it would be almost impossible to fly in remote area's while "connected" and logged in. What that statement meant, and others may correct me if I am mistaken, is what I mentioned earlier. All the login does is verify the AC, and update any NFZ's. Once you do that one time an log out you should be good to go.

Reactions: Archangel3356
The reason I bought the drone is to map damage by the Southern Pine Beetle on our family's land. The areal photo is several months old and I need to find out if there is other spots with damage or even how much this brown 'L' is growing. The mature trees are around 40' tall or so and I will lose visual sighting of the P4P. such is my concern. The airport has been shutdown since Oct 1999 (designation: Forest Home Airport MS23).
forest pine beetle.JPG

So, what I do is to get my LItchi mission on my tablet from home (south of Baton Rouge). Then we drive out to nowhere, MS, load the mission there to the P4P and go. I have several missions I have preplanned as there is no Internet or cell data there.

To their credit, DJI app does not say that there is an airport there... I'm grateful for that. I'm just a bit bummed out about a "nanny" company <done "mini" rant>.

You guys/gals are GREAT! Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164