If a motor/esc fails mid flights would voltage change

Reaction score
Bird started toppling and fell into river, looking over flytrex shows lost connection at 300 ft not when it hit the river. Voltage stayed in the 10.5 til the end. I was receiving an battery discharge error on the app earlier in the flight due to flying full throttle in atti! (Which i often got when full speed in atti with that bird) i expected that prob had s motor/esc failure then lost connection when hit water, flytrex shows otherwise. Hit a bird and battery popped out???question is would voltage records right at the end be higher or lower than the 10.5 ish that it was running 60 seconds prior to failure
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443162394.298277.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443162408.727197.jpg

Quadcopter Flight Mission in Johnston, United States

If the battery poped out all recording would have stopped at that point as would any flight records or FPV.
If it was an ESC failure the video recording would show the tip over and drop and the flight data would indicate a drop

O.k. So the fact that i could watch it tumble and fall for a few seconds until i lost the wi-fi due to it falling below LOS would suggest it prob didnt have a battery failure mid flight & prob didnt hit seagull causing bat to disconnect! The end results of the flytrex log shows battery voltage steady (10.5) to the end and last known reading ended at 315 ft.

And we could not review video cause its at the bottom with the catfish!
I'm not seeing any drop at the end of flight data. However it does show a last seconds increase in speed from 18 mph to 33! No change in alt. though

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl