I will pay you to come & fix my P3 ;-)

Reaction score
Hi All

Just received it, she's used, but only a few times - really, you could tell ;-)

She was connecting & I hovered her once, but app would not show the camera view, found loads of people with this issue, tried everything, still no go. Did firmware, seemed to go OK, log said it was all done anyway, as was RC, restarted, then got the dreaded flashing yellows. I've now gone nearly blind looking at all the net & Youtube fixes, either they don't work, or are not quite the same as what's wrong here.

RC shows as green, but still no connection, I can't reset any further as I can't get into the app. All of this may have been caused by incompatibility with my tablet, a Lenovo Yaga 2, my Android phone is away being repaired, but now I've made it worse.

If this was for fun it wouldn't matter, but I'm supposed to be using this to make some videos for work, right now, and I just need this sorted - I'm in Surrey, can anyone just come & sort this?

Cheers - Justin

Hey Justin,
Lol
Ok FIRST,
Take a DEEP breath, now breathe out!
Feel better?:)

Have no fear my friend,
I too, spent 2 weeks, stressed out, on my used P3p.

Short story ( :rolleyes: )
Used P3p, bird with camera/gimbal, one battery, NO TX, NO CHARGER, but had a nice case. $450, I found a charger 100w at Best Buy ( price match ) $28.
I found a Tx on eBay ( gl300a ), AWESOME, I'm ready to go!

NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!

Here is where all heck broke loose!
Let me explain.

First,
No app connection, ( never seen the CAMERA icon ) could see P3p and all other models, but no joy!
So, $380 later, I bought a new shinny iPad Air 2.
So app problem solved!

Now
Same as you, Tx showed green, I could move the camera with tilt, and yaw movements, but nothing else worked.:(

Then come FIRMWARE,
This is your second problem ( 1st problem is insufficient tablet, trust me ) as stated above!
Ok
The gl300a Tx is the best in my book, as it does a lot of the processing, on board, so your device ( tablet ) does not have to strain so much.

Gl300b and c models, your device does the processing ( since new processors capable of the task, have been put in the newer BETTER tablets.

Next ENCRYPTION.
SOMEWHERE, along the line, DJI had the bright idea to add encryption to the firmwares, I'm not 100% sure when or where? It all took place, but

If you upgraded your bird to POST encryption firmware, while your TX is PRE encryption firmware, they will NOT work together. So
You need to do 1 of 2 things
1) DOWNGRADE the bird back to pre encryption firmware to match Tx.
Or
2) UPGRADE TX to POST encryption firmware to match bird.

( you may have to play a bit with it, until they mesh together correctly. )

Bird is easy, just load appropriate firmware BIN to card, place in camera and turn on bird.

Tx
Is a bit more complicated, but not much.
( you will need a working TABLET, so app will open. ) once app is open, you will see a small box looking icon TOP RIGHT of app screen, PRESS AND HOLD that icon, and a Firmware Downgrade screen will open, choose one and try ( if you have more than one option. ) again, you may have to play a bit with them, to find corresponding firmwares.

But this should fix your craft!
Try and keep us updated!

Hope this helps.
And it's FREE,

J Dot
:cool:

Hi J Dot

Many thanks for your reply, it was much appreciated, especially the humour ;-)

I was busy all day yesterday, so couldn't address the issues, but I will try your ideas today. I've spoken to the previous owner, a very nice chap, he said he was 'forced' to do one update on it as it was for GPS, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get around that one, but I will downgrade it, if I can.

The really odd part, I think is, when you open the app, I do get the option to go into the Camera under the Inspire section, I have gone in, it shows me live on the map, but it doesn't connect - weird!!

I'm on Android, with a Lenovo Yoga tablet, which may not be helping, my Sony Xperia phone is away for repair, maybe that will connect better, just wish I didn't have the yellow lights!!

Having had it for a few days, and looking at all the issues on the net, I think DJI are an effing joke, they make a great product & eff it up with crappy software, then don't seem to care about their customer's poor experience.

It wouldn't be so annoying, but this isn't for fun, it's for work & taking little movies of our equipment for our new website and I'm already behind.

So the offer still stands, not to you J Dot, I'm in the UK, Surrey, but I will pay someone to just get this ***** goin ;-)

Have a great day & thanks again JJ

Hi JDot

I tried the downgrade this morning, but it wouldn't seem to accept it like the upgrade, so I've given up. I've always been able to fix software issues, eventually, but I just feel like I'm banging my head against a wall with this one - thanks DJI.

I've found a real live shop near me RC Geeks - Remote Control Quadcopters, Cars and More and they've agreed to do it as a repair and so I've just dropped it into them. Should be done in a week, I'll let you know ;-)

Thanks JJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl