I was speaking to a designer for Dyson...

Reaction score
Dyson is a well known brand here in the UK, famous for its vacuum cleaners and bladeless fans.

I had pitched an idea with a friend of mine, who designs things for the company, about the concept of "bladeless" drones.

He liked the idea but thought it would be tricky - but not impossible.

I'd stated that it could prove a popular drone because of the potential for significant noise reduction, the novelty of it and that it would be a blessing should you crash into an obstable.

It's amazing what you can come up with on your 3rd glass of red wine lol.

What do you think?

Dyson is a well known brand here in the UK, famous for its vacuum cleaners and bladeless fans.

I had pitched an idea with a friend of mine, who designs things for the company, about the concept of "bladeless" drones.

He liked the idea but thought it would be tricky - but not impossible.

I'd stated that it could prove a popular drone because of the potential for significant noise reduction, the novelty of it and that it would be a blessing should you crash into an obstable.

It's amazing what you can come up with on your 3rd glass of red wine lol.

What do you think?

I've seen cool concept videos for different bladeless drone designs over the years. It seems the last 2-3 years there has been an uptick in these concept designs, so perhaps we'll see a viable version soon.

Very difficult to achieve rapid thrust changes needed to maintain flight profile and stability.

Not likely to be a serious contender IMO.

Reactions: yorlik
Hahaha! Bladeless fan! Haha! Blades are in the base.

Hahaha! Quiet? Jet engine sound!

Hahaha! Next thing you know dyson will be peddling a "digital motor"!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT