I think I got Dji’s attention about the firmware issues

I seriously doubt if the original poster of this thread got DJI's attention. They absolutely do not care! My P4 flipped at 200 feet and powered into the ground upside down. I researched this failure every way I could and sent all this data to DJI proving that a Phantom 4 in working condition cannot flip and yet, after a month, they refused to tell me how it flipped and why. I stayed in contact with them several times a day trying to get anyone to take my proof seriously and they still refused to acknowledge that fact. Then, they sent me a new P4 without explanation, to get me to "Go Away". I did, but occasionally I find someone with a question about DJI's terrible service, or an indication that they finally found out how to deal with them! In short, you can't deal with them. My "new" Phantom finally flew because I scrounged a set of propeller spring clips that they had deliberately removed from my new P4 before it shipped as all the mounting screws were left loose. It took five weeks for the original replacement ones to arrive by snail mail. They just DON'T CARE!
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

With all the complaints I have read about the Firmware killing the Video Down Link And Dji not fixing it I think I finally got through to someone at the company that’s going to fix my drone free! I will keep you updated on this! I know Dji is difficult to navigate there support when it comes to this issue! I don’t know if it’s intentional? I hope not but I just received a message that shines a positive light on the matter I think it’s because I showed them something that a unnamed government agency is getting prepared to take action against them! They know how there support has treated my inquiries up until now basically telling me I have to pay to have it fixed even though it was there official firmware that caused the issue. I’m going to leave this post alone for now until I find out the outcome hopefully it will be positive for everyone affected by this :) I will have ask the administrator what I’m allowed to post when the outcome is final I don’t want to post something that he doesn’t want that could start a issue with Dji. Stay tuned

Though I greatly appreciate your fight, it's much, much easier to just roll back the FW to a stable, working version.

D

I seriously doubt if the original poster of this thread got DJI's attention. They absolutely do not care! My P4 flipped at 200 feet and powered into the ground upside down. I researched this failure every way I could and sent all this data to DJI proving that a Phantom 4 in working condition cannot flip and yet, after a month, they refused to tell me how it flipped and why. I stayed in contact with them several times a day trying to get anyone to take my proof seriously and they still refused to acknowledge that fact. Then, they sent me a new P4 without explanation, to get me to "Go Away". I did, but occasionally I find someone with a question about DJI's terrible service, or an indication that they finally found out how to deal with them! In short, you can't deal with them. My "new" Phantom finally flew because I scrounged a set of propeller spring clips that they had deliberately removed from my new P4 before it shipped as all the mounting screws were left loose. It took five weeks for the original replacement ones to arrive by snail mail. They just DON'T CARE!
Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

I actually got them to warranty my Phantom 1 that I purchased used on eBay. This was back when support was domestic. No flight logs. Just video.

D

Yeah if this goes bad I’m done with them I’m actually afraid to ever update my Mavic Pro Platinum because of this. I am seriously looking at Autel I’m trying to find people that own both Dji and Autel to find out if (Autel) is on par with Dji.
I don't know about the Autel but I bought a Xiaomi Mi 4k and it's really good. Better than the Phantom 3 Advanced in every way: a better camera; better radio range; and better flight time. However, I really like Litchi software because it permits me to pre-plan waypoint missions so I have kept my Phantom 3 Advanced for that reason alone.

I have three phantoms, a P3s and two fc 40s. If I need to get in the air quick I use one of my fc40s with a 3s gimble mounted camera. They do great as a backup.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT