Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 Firmware I received my P3P with very old firmware, should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by Ataribravo, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Ataribravo

I know I will have to update the firmware for benefits like Follow Me and POI etc., but what I'm really curious about are the improvements in each new version of firmware. I currently have 1.1.8 on the RC, 1.1.9+ on the Phantom and am using version 2.3.0 of DJI Go. I have flown several time with this setup and it works. I have read so many horror stories about different versions of the firmware... What do you recommend and what is gained and/or lost by going to that version?

Thanks!!! Jeff

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Forget the stories.
    The vast majority of users have had no problem with the last few firmware versions at all.
    Most of the "horror stories" are due to tablet configuration, user misunderstandings, not reading the manual, not understanding the return to home function, flying close to buildings and trees etc and very few were due to firmware.

Pulsar747n likes this.
  3. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If it is working as it should, unless there is something (added features, etc.) that you need from the upgraded firmware,
    I personally would use the old school approach... if it ain't broke, why fix it? :)
    Personal preference I guess.

4. RustyProp

Bump. I received a P3A on October 4th from DJI with the newer motors and the firmware was set on 1.1.9 and will just leave it alone...

5. Mike Mauk

ok for lack of finding any place else to ask I am now getting a remote controller firmware v1.4.30 is now available for upgrade.. is it safe to do so?