I need help to recognize a wire in Phantom v1.

Reaction score
As I'm going through my Phantom (updating GCU etc...) I found one wire that has white tape on it and its not attached to anywhere in the Phantom. Should it be connected to somewhere and whats the purpose of this wire? The wire isnt long enough to be connected to anywhere, but I want to be sure.

The wire is the one I'm holding with my hands in the picture.

The version is 1.1.1, which has double antennas and Naza v2 etc. It also has Zenmuse attached.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 476
A clearer picture would help- and back up a bit so the angle is wider.

Can you trace where the wire goes? Color of wire? Is there a connector on it?

Gonna take a shot in the dark and say its the AUX power wire...but yeah need a better pic.

gen3benz said:
Gonna take a shot in the dark and say its the AUX power wire...but yeah need a better pic.

Could be a rare pitch signal wire mod... but I was thinking the same as you.

Here's a better picture... And the question is... if you recognize it, is it okay that its unattached... So the tape would be a "reminder" that it does not belong anywhere.... Or should it be connected to some other cable (as that would be the only way it could had been with the tape, as the tape makes it impossible to be connected to Naza or any other controller...)

Attachments

• detailed.jpg
    detailed.jpg
    582.3 KB · Views: 433
Looks like a wire I removed from the naza and connected from the v2 Pmu instead when fitting the ground station and just left that original one loose on the inside.

I think it was labelled exp?

Phantom v1 has an extra wire in there that you can wire in your gimbal with so you don't have to pack an extra battery.

It could be a number of things based on the type of cable, it'll help a lot if you can follow it and see where it's connected/soldered at the other end.

I just made my first flight with this Phantom and everything seemed to work from Zenmuse to the Phantom itself. I'm guessing that the wire was taped for the reason that the wire has no use (atleast not with the configuration that its in at this moment).

Thanks for all the answers.

That's the regulated power cable from the main board to the Naza. You don't need it because the pmu has a cable that takes its place. It would normally plug into X3. Whoever installed your zenmuse was kind enough to tape it off.

Your battery is connected to both pmu and main board so you could swap the x3 connection if you want. I use the main board one and unsoldered the pmu leads.

ElGuano said:
That's the regulated power cable from the main board to the Naza. You don't need it because the pmu has a cable that takes its place. It would normally plug into X3. Whoever installed your zenmuse was kind enough to tape it off.

Your battery is connected to both pmu and main board so you could swap the x3 connection if you want. I use the main board one and unsoldered the pmu leads.

So since I swapped out my stock Rx and now have an extra cable that was attached to the stock receiver that went to X3- does this mean I could pull from X3 on the Naza to get power down to the gimbal and fpv Tx? Can it be split with a Y connector and feed both from that pin set? 2 pins or 3 if so?
(I am fishing wires so when everything goes back, it is clean and not a spaghetti Phantom

Hiway said:
So since I swapped out my stock Rx and now have an extra cable that was attached to the stock receiver that went to X3- does this mean I could pull from X3 on the Naza to get power down to the gimbal and fpv Tx? Can it be split with a Y connector and feed both from that pin set? 2 pins or 3 if so?
(I am fishing wires so when everything goes back, it is clean and not a spaghetti Phantom

Are you sure your rx did not connect to X2 (or if a two-antenna model, X1 and X2?) X3 is where the NAZA gets its 5v power from the mainboard.

Most gimbals and VTXs are set up to run on 2S-4S (or higher) power, so they can't be powered by the NAZA. You're much better off drawing straight from the flight battery or mainboard. Even if the voltage were correct, the NAZA draws 0.3A max @ 5v (1.5W), there's no way it could safely power a gimbal and VTX.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl