I need details for replacing pitch motor in new roll arm

Reaction score
I replaced my cut flex cable only to find out that my roll arm was ever so slightly bent causing my camera to be off center. So I have a replacement aluminum roll arm. I got the motor out of the old one (dremeled a slit and pried it apart).

Can anyone tell me specifically what I need to do next? Does the outer edge of the motor need to be sanded or cleaned before reinserting in the ring? Do I need to use a tiny bit of epoxy??

I tried to insert the motor in the new ring and I could get it 1/2 way. I did not do anything to the motor other than remove it from the old ring. So hoping someone can help me before I go any further. It is supposed to be nice Saturday and I really want to get her up and going by then :)

There are many videos on the yaw arm replacement but there is not a single "how to" on youtube or google for replacing the pitch motor of the roll arm. Thanks again for any help you can provide.

If it fits too tight, I sand it so it is smoother. It should fit tight as u don't want it to slip. Sometimes I use pliers to gently force it in farther. Trying not to scratch the new arm. I have done a ton of these so it is just practice and common sense. Mostly practice for me as I have no common sense.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl