I love my P4!

Wow what a remarkable difference from my 2.5 year old and worn P2V.

But, she still takes some great shots as last November had no inhibitions sending here up from the top of a 3,000 ft rock in central Colombia. And if she acts up and does the fly away no big deal as I got much life out of her.

Beautiful video Mike!

Reactions: MichaelS
Great video, Mike!

I took my nice, shiny new P4 out for her maiden flight today, and I'm quite happy so far. I upgraded from a P2 Vision, so this was quite a jump. Granted, I've not run it through any endurance tests, or distance tests, but my 2 flights today seemed to go off without a hitch... My flights seemed shorter than my flights with the P2, but my understanding is that once you exercise the batteries a few times, your flight times should improve (or so I've heard), AND the P2 was supposed to be excellent at battery endurance.

~Joey

Mike, great video. Did you fly a phantom 3 before the phantom 4.
A lot of people are complaining that the distance is less with the p4. Have you noticed this?.?.

Mike, great video. Did you fly a phantom 3 before the phantom 4.
A lot of people are complaining that the distance is less with the p4. Have you noticed this?.?.
I am a complete novice. This is the second time I have ever flown a drone.

Great to have a post of someone loving their purchase. I'm sure the majority of owners love the P4 but that would be hard to tell from most forums, which I understand are used by most (including me) to troubleshoot problems, but the negativity really stands out.

I haven't got mine yet but hope I will be sharing excitement and success.

Great to have a post of someone loving their purchase. I'm sure the majority of owners love the P4 but that would be hard to tell from most forums, which I understand are used by most (including me) to troubleshoot problems, but the negativity really stands out.

I haven't got mine yet but hope I will be sharing excitement and success.
Yep, I feel the same way about these forums. And don't worry, you will have great results.

From the shore (not where i was filming) 4.33 miles. There is a spot up the coast where it is only 2 miles away.

You can pull off the 2 mile trip as long as there's no crazy wind. Being over water, you'll probably be good stock, maybe throw on some windsurfers.

FYI Mike: Apparently DJI sent out the wrong RC with the initial batch of P4's - hence issues with distance range that some are having.

FYI Mike: Apparently DJI sent out the wrong RC with the initial batch of P4's - hence issues with distance range that some are having.

I ordered mine direct from DJI on day 1 - received in Mar 17 or so. I have noticed reduced range (11k' vs >21k' with P3P).

Is there some documented evidence showing that there really is a "bad" and a "good" P4 RC? If so I'd love to get a good one!

Thanks

Is there some documented evidence showing that there really is a "bad" and a "good" P4 RC? If so I'd love to get a good one!

Read it here - maybe not quite official...........but nonetheless here it is.............DJI acknowledges initial shipments of P4's had less powerful remotes resulting in less range and will be corrected in future shipments • /r/djiphantom

EDIT: I should of said "not official" and I doubt even DJI "acknowledged" this as stated in that post linkl ---- haven't found anything else relating to same either.

Heres good video of a P4 range test in the desert Real World Range Test on The DJI Phantom 4

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl