I bricked my p3s with ftp range mod - let's fix it together

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad someone's had a good experience with DJI's support department - they were next to useless when I wanted support.
OMG.. now my 6 weeks old Phantom 3 Advanced get a Stress Crack during my last regular flight :( must be karma or something.
Anyway.. I have to send it to Dji, hope the sequel is as good as my first experience.

fly on!

Finally, I regained my drone!!! Unfortunately RC still had to buy. Please add the first post of this topic Forum two commands for nobies vim-console.
Unfortunately on this forum no one helped with these commands but it was the easiest way:
Remove incorrect file rcS: rm /tmp/flash/etc/init.d/rcS

Insert the correct rcS file from a backup: rm /tmp/flash/etc/init.d/rcS && cp /etc/init.d/rcS /tmp/flash/etc/init.d/rcS

It was easy but it was difficult to deal with this. Thanks to one man with Youtube that helped deal with the commands.

All successful Restitution their quadrocopters. Bye Bye!

Reactions: Yudhistira5
Finally, I regained my drone!!! Unfortunately RC still had to buy. Please add the first post of this topic Forum two commands for nobies vim-console.
Unfortunately on this forum no one helped with these commands but it was the easiest way:
Remove incorrect file rcS: rm /tmp/flash/etc/init.d/rcS

Insert the correct rcS file from a backup: rm /tmp/flash/etc/init.d/rcS && cp /etc/init.d/rcS /tmp/flash/etc/init.d/rcS

It was easy but it was difficult to deal with this. Thanks to one man with Youtube that helped deal with the commands.

All successful Restitution their quadrocopters. Bye Bye!

Hi alexis24rus, can you please give me the Youtube link. I really have no idea what should I do. I did all the soldering stuff until I get that never ending loop, I buy another rc but cannot be linked with the drone, so I think the drone is bricked as well. I have decided to give up the RC and focus on drone recovery. Actually I do not know how to operate any program mentioned in this forum, I just simply follow the pdf instruction provided by jackhadrill (thank you brother). Do I have to use another program besides PuTTY? Please give me some enlightenment bro or anyone here, I wish there will be a video that showing step by step instruction for a newbie like me (actually there is the video but sadly speaking Russian which is I'm not), I will be very-very grateful for that. As jackhadrill instruction I use arduino uno R3 and my computer running windows 7.

Thank you for any respond...

Hi alexis24rus, can you please give me the Youtube link. I really have no idea what should I do. I did all the soldering stuff until I get that never ending loop, I buy another rc but cannot be linked with the drone, so I think the drone is bricked as well. I have decided to give up the RC and focus on drone recovery. Actually I do not know how to operate any program mentioned in this forum, I just simply follow the pdf instruction provided by jackhadrill (thank you brother). Do I have to use another program besides PuTTY? Please give me some enlightenment bro or anyone here, I wish there will be a video that showing step by step instruction for a newbie like me (actually there is the video but sadly speaking Russian which is I'm not), I will be very-very grateful for that. As jackhadrill instruction I use arduino uno R3 and my computer running windows 7.

The guy that posted that video doesn't know what he's doing and gives zero credit to those who discovered the mod and fix. PuTTY is the only program you need to use.

I also could not link the new RC. I took a Wi fi module from the new RC and inserted it into the current rc. I had to restore just my drone . I only used the putty. I used all of the commands in succession from the first post of this topic and in the end brought the two commands that I wrote above.

I also could not link the new RC. I took a Wi fi module from the new RC and inserted it into the current rc. I had to restore just my drone . I only used the putty. I used all of the commands in succession from the first post of this topic and in the end brought the two commands that I wrote above.
Bro when u took wifi modul it work with the drone?
I paln tu buy wifi modul for drome and rc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. After replacing wi fi module my current RC is connect without link.
Hmm without link?
So . after u replace u can see the hotspot or not?
Because on my case after chabge the rc5 i cannot see wifi ap. But rc dan drome still connect.

I try to fix with tutor from frist page but always stuck after command boom ox...
Loading and cannot enter kernel panic..

I think if i change the wifi modul for drome and rc itu will work or not?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello guys! I am new on this forum. Have the same problem - tried to do the range mod with ftp but didnt use notepad++ (actually i did it with standart notepad from windows 10) and after that my RC and bird became bricks. So i bought the correct UART (2102), solded tx, rx and gnd to the rc wifi module, installed putty, set speed to 115200, connected it all and saw the correct loading code. But ESC button does not work! I double and tripple checked the soldering but it just does not want to work. So i cant abort the autoboot to load the backup copy and save my rcs files... Any ideas how to make ESC button working in putty?
Thanks!

Hello guys! I am new on this forum. Have the same problem - tried to do the range mod with ftp but didnt use notepad++ (actually i did it with standart notepad from windows 10) and after that my RC and bird became bricks. So i bought the correct UART (2102), solded tx, rx and gnd to the rc wifi module, installed putty, set speed to 115200, connected it all and saw the correct loading code. But ESC button does not work! I double and tripple checked the soldering but it just does not want to work. So i cant abort the autoboot to load the backup copy and save my rcs files... Any ideas how to make ESC button working in putty?
Thanks!

I had to go through 3 UART devices until I found one that worked! I had same issues no response when ESC key is pressed

I had to go through 3 UART devices until I found one that worked! I had same issues no response when ESC key is pressed
Thanks! As i thought, it is problem in the UART. Did you tried different models or same models but different sellers?

The 1st UART didn't work at all, I purchased another from different seller and I was given one from work.
nice... chinese engineering.... ordered two more UARTs, one is the same that i have and other is a bit different, i will try them tonight and response..

Hi. Can somyone tell me which are the soldering points on 4k controller GL359wB? There were some suggestions earlier that it could be "SOUT" and "SIN" Can someone confirm that?

The 1st UART didn't work at all, I purchased another from different seller and I was given one from work.

Could you tell me more specific about UART parts you used? I have same problem, phantom does not responds to ESC key input while RX is no problem. Controller was easy, but I have been stuck with bird. I tried to use 3.3v level converter and it did not work.
Have tested arduino uno, CP2102 usb-uart, and those two did not work....

So, my case is solved. The problem was that i made i mistake while connecting cables - GND was TX and TX was GND. It was easy to missmatch because contact names are located very close to each other.
Then i stopped booting process (esc worked) and loaded backup copy of the system and mounted -t jffs2 mtd3 /tmp/flash. Then my wifi started to work and i connected to RC using FTP manager. Went to /tmp/flash/etc/init.d folder and replaced four RCS files (i made a copy of original files before bricking the RC and drone). I restarted RC and wifi worked again but in FTP manager there was no flash/etc/init.d folder anymore! And after that i connected to RC using DJI GO app on my Iphone and it started a firmware update... After RC reboot it worked properly. I switched on the bird and wanted to move on to repair RCS files there, but it connected to the RC and was working correct. So i tried to move gimble and start the engines - everything worked!
But i cant understand few things:
Where is my /tmp/flash/etc/init.d folder? In tmp there is no flash folder! How does it load?
Why the drone is working good if i did not changed corrupted RCS files there?
How did IGO app knew that the firmware should be updated and if it is updated now there is no flash folder in tmp directory?

Hi, I have succeeded in fixing my 4K controller. I thank you all for that. Now for the copter. Which board and were are the soldering points for 4k?
You have to remove gimbal panel (a few screws) and than you will see the contacts. Names are the same as in RC - TXD, RXD, GND. Photos are in the first post here.

My 4K is flying again !!!!! Thank you all for your knowledge and your efforts. BTW You dont have to disassemble the gimbal on 4k to get to the solder points. The wifi card sits under the sensor panel.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart