I bricked my p3s with ftp range mod - let's fix it together

No, sweden
Darn, I was going to offer to take a look for you!
Ummm.... Leave it with me, I'll have a poke around with my RC tonight to see if I can replicate your problem and will get back to you in an hour or so! :)

When you're in, I recommend using vim (unfortunately nano isn't installed) to edit the rcS file, else use the command that you quoted to restore the old version.
First of all I would like to thank you for your help .On your advice , I decided to use vim. In putty terminal I use this command: vi /tmp/flash/etc/init.d/rcS. After that, I got this :

[cursor]
~
~
~
~
~
~
- /tmp/flash/etc/init.d/rcS 1/1 100%

Do I understand that the more I can just copy all the text data from the correct rcS file I open with win notepad , and then simply inserted into the putty terminal?

Before I 'll paste the copied data , I'm going to use the command "a", and in the end "esc: wq" Entry and exit.
Is the my actions is true?

. If your soldering is a little dodgy (mine is too, don't worry!) then do your best to get two of the three cables attached and just hold the third in place. A little dodgy perhaps, but provided you've got a steady hand it won't be too bad.
Unfortunately, re- soldering was not successful and since I do not have good skills soldering , I decided to order the RC to the local site

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your effort to fix this problem, i would never know how to do that.

I have a doubt.
I have soldered the adapter to my rc and pressed esc to stop autobooting, all that worked fine but after that i did not know how to proceed.
Do i have to do something between the commands or type all of then in this sequence ?

bootm 0x9f420000

Mkdir /tmp/flash

Mount -t jffs2 mtd3 /tmp/flash

And after that, how can i repair the rcs ? Do i need to use another software ?
Could someone help explaining it a little better for us that are newbbies ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your effort to fix this problem, i would never know how to do that.

I have a doubt.
I have soldered the adapter to my rc and pressed esc to stop autobooting, all that worked fine but after that i did not know how to proceed.
Do i have to do something between the commands or type all of then in this sequence ?

bootm 0x9f420000

Mkdir /tmp/flash

Mount -t jffs2 mtd3 /tmp/flash

And after that, how can i repair the rcs ? Do i need to use another software ?
Could someone help explaining it a little better for us that are newbbies ?

Thank you very much in advance.

this what I did on drone and worked, this didn't work on RC as it stuck in bootloop at movement.
I didn't use VIM

1. Reconnect the camera/modules/all of the cables to everything

2. Turn on the bird/remote, hit escape as soon as you see:

Press ESC to abort autoboot in 1 seconds

3. You should see a prompt like this:

ar7240>

4. Enter the following commands

setenv bootargs board=DJI-WM305 console=ttyS0,115200

root=/dev/mtdblock5 init=/sbin/init mtdparts=athnor0:

256k@0k(u-boot),64k@256k(u-bootenv),

896k@320k(kernel1),3008k@1216k(rootfs1),896k@42

24k(kernel2),3008k@5120k(rootfs2),64k@8128k(art),390

4k@320k(firmware1),3904k@4224k(firmware2),8192k@0k(a

ll)

bootm 0x9f420000

mkdir /tmp/flash

mount -t jffs2 mtd3 /tmp/flash

cd ./etc/init.d/

cd /tmp/flash/ && rm -rf ./etc/init.d/rcS && cp -r /etc/init.d/rcS ./etc/init.d/ && chmod +x ./etc/init.d/rcS

Managed to get a similar issue to the one you described when my RX cable wasn't soldered properly o_O
Ok, thanks for the tip, will double-check all cables and try re-soldering tomorrow!
If all else fails, any ideas on other options - pay for warranty repair/send chip to someone?

Ok, thanks for the tip, will double-check all cables and try re-soldering tomorrow!
If all else fails, any ideas on other options - pay for warranty repair/send chip to someone?
If you're happy to pay postage to the UK, I'll happily take a look for you.... Failing that I'm 99% sure your warranty will be void. Depending on who you bought it from, how recently you bought it and your local consumer laws you may be able to get a replacement!

Hello, can tell me if i can repair with CH431a Programmer in serial mode? i conect on putty on serial mode but when conect the RC the putty display is black without any letter only a Green on first line... i check and recheck the soldering and its ok... please its compatible this programmer or not? thanks!!!

Attachments

• 20160711_014954.jpg
    20160711_014954.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 410
Ok Im here, i change Tx for Rx and now i see the process but its missing files and not stop... i read other post with this but no know how to... thanks

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    34.7 KB · Views: 412
If you're happy to pay postage to the UK, I'll happily take a look for you.... Failing that I'm 99% sure your warranty will be void. Depending on who you bought it from, how recently you bought it and your local consumer laws you may be able to get a replacement!
Re-soldered and got serial working! Followed the instructions at the start of this thread, modified rcS to remove the ^M on every line and now everything works, with 1000m range instead of 500m!
Many thanks to Jack!

when connect the RC show this "letters" and i press ESC but the process continue without stop, why???

Attachments

• Captura2.PNG
    Captura2.PNG
    52.5 KB · Views: 405
First of all I would like to thank you for your help .On your advice , I decided to use vim. In putty terminal I use this command: vi /tmp/flash/etc/init.d/rcS. After that, I got this :

[cursor]
~
~
~
~
~
~
- /tmp/flash/etc/init.d/rcS 1/1 100%

Do I understand that the more I can just copy all the text data from the correct rcS file I open with win notepad , and then simply inserted into the putty terminal?

Before I 'll paste the copied data , I'm going to use the command "a", and in the end "esc: wq" Entry and exit.
Is the my actions is true?

Unfortunately, re- soldering was not successful and since I do not have good skills soldering , I decided to order the RC to the local site

Guys , if I have correctly described his sequence of actions in his post ? I'm just afraid to do something wrong so I do not risk .

Re-soldered and got serial working! Followed the instructions at the start of this thread, modified rcS to remove the ^M on every line and now everything works, with 1000m range instead of 500m!
Many thanks to Jack!
No problem! Glad to make your day that little bit better ;-)

Many thanks to Jack!
Which FTP software did you use originally ? I'll add that on first page to warn others.

Ok, input the comands and i connect to rc with filezilla and.... my rcs its original!! Without changes... why?? And now what to do? Soldering to de gimbal and same, only input comands and my rcs revert to original same in the rc? Thanks and sorry

Which FTP software did you use originally ? I'll add that on first page to warn others.
Could you perhaps add that running the modified file through "dos2unix" (free program) will fix any line ending issues!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka