I Become Frightened

The avatar of mine to the left ... shows a windsock - that's mine .... Hobby King sell them for about $3 already mounted and ready to stick onto a pole. So I only have to throw grass or use the pendant when I don't put up the sock...

Nigel

If we are not a little nervous of flights - then we are fool.

We are in a hobby that crap happens .... what we do is try to minimise the effects by checking AC .. fully charge batterys / controller ..... check wind .....

But occasionally **** happens ..................... if you cannot live with it - then another hobby is best answer ....

Sorry to be blunt - but its truth.

This video is my Biplane ... a machine that Demo'd Skyleader radio gear in UK ... the model is over 35yrs old .... the Elevator servo locked out - after the event analysis of video and checking gear vs what I know I did trying to avoid the crash.

Yes she is back in the air ... I spent many hours rebuilding as a labour of love ...

Nigel

At least our drones are not produced by SOLOSHOT. ;)

Me too!

And I love that giddy butterflies in the stomach feeling of sending it up and off... somewhat similar to, but a lot safer than, a short field takeoff or landing on a short grass strip in a Cessna 152 with tall pines at the other end... but i digress :cool:
Been there done that with a 172

There's a fine line between fear and a healthy respect for what can happen. Over time, DJI's software has continued to improve. I recommend using the latest software/firmware, but be sure you have the latest on ALL devices ... drone, controller, display/monitor device. Then you should test out the power features of the software in an open field ... especially RTH. Finally, most "accidents" I've seen reported on this site have been from flying well beyond VLOS and hoping for the best ... that's risky.

Last edited:
Who else was reading this waiting for the "and then" of "all of a sudden" part? :)

Thanks for posting your positive results with the newest updates. Folks are not as motivated to post when things go well, but these posts are helpful for folks trying to decide if they should update or not.
Lol. I was.

Reactions: rvrrat14

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT