How to tell if you have a genuine drone?

Reaction score
I've found a P3 Pro on eBay for under £700 quid, shipping from Hong Kong.

The seller has good reviews and his pages look professional.

This is perhaps the cheapest "Brand New" and "Not refurbished" drone of this kind I've seen.

Should I purchase it, what should I look out for to check that it's a genuine DJI Phantom 3 Pro or if it's a Chinese bootleg copy?

Should I purchase it, what should I look out for to check that it's a genuine DJI Phantom 3 Pro or if it's a Chinese bootleg copy?
The options are a genuine Phantom or nothing at all. There are no bootleg copies.
If a company could create a workable copy of a Phantom, they would be in business competing with DJI.
Even DJI's competitors can't produce anything to compete with any of the Lightbridge equipped Phantoms.

With Ebay you always have to be sure the seller is genuine - do they have feedback for selling similar items?
You should look also into the potential import costs before getting too excited.
Is HM Customs going to want to add VAT etc to take the gloss off the deal?

Reactions: John Locke
As Meta4 says, beware VAT. An item of that value will very likely be stopped by customs, and they will hold it until you pay VAT at 20% plus (probably) a carrier handling charge.

I see dronesdirect.co.uk are doing the P3P at £700 from UK. I'm not endorsing them, I haven't used them, you'll need to do your own due diligence on that.

As Meta4 says, beware VAT. An item of that value will very likely be stopped by customs, and they will hold it until you pay VAT at 20% plus (probably) a carrier handling charge.

I see dronesdirect.co.uk are doing the P3P at £700 from UK. I'm not endorsing them, I haven't used them, you'll need to do your own due diligence on that.
Cheers for that

Reactions: PaulSouthport
£700, that's like what $900 USD. That's about the going price for a p3p. Maybe even a little less.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT