How to power the DJI 5.8GHz Video Downlink?

Reaction score
Hi, I've bought the DJI 5.8GHz Video Downlink (http://www.flying-hobby.com/dji-58ghz-v ... 10854.html), and now I'm trying to figure out what the best way to power the TX is.

The cable attached to the TX has a Dean-connector. I've bought a Dean-to-XT60 poweradapter, but I'm contemplating just cutting the wire and try to connect it to the unused powercable inside the Phantom. Maybe I'll attach a Dean-female connector just outside the chassis, and then I can easily disconnect the FPV transmitter.

What have you guys done? And do you use the same battery for the Phantom and the TX?

I changed the plug for the tx to xt60 and use the same batteries for my tx and monitor as I do for the phantom. I actually git a couple 2700mah batteries when I bought the fpv setup that had deans connectors. I found these worked great in the phantom giving 2 minutes more flight time so I changed all my battery plugs to xt60 and can use the batteries in the phantom or for the tx and monitor. Only downside of this method having the cable in the battery compartment is that the balance plug is a pretty weak sokder joint and mine got damaged from repeated use. I had to redo it and toughened up the plug a bit now its great and much stronger.

For the rx I pulled the cable through the phantom and it sits inside the battery compartment where I connect it to the main battery via the balance plug it came with. I found that my screen and tx use very little power and even if doing 6 flights I only use very little of a 2700mah battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl