How to open the Phantom 2 Vision for new owners

Reaction score
As I've been asked by a couple of people recently, and because it's easier to explain with pictures, I've just made a very quick (and not very polished!) video explaining how to remove the top shell of the Vision. If you need to get in there for repairs, or to put a Flytrex on or are just interested in the internals then this gives you a step-by-step and what tools you'll need. I've also shown how to remove the camera unit as well.

http://youtu.be/FLgwyoJvqM8

Remember if you do open up the Vision and/or add/remove/swap out any of its hardware then you should always recalibrate the compass in a suitably wide-open and non-ferromagnetic/metallic environment before your next flight.

But....I thought you said this was a "not very polished" video???? It was very well done and much better than about 99% of many of the YouTube, etc. presentations I've seen...

Beyond that....it was good to see the step by step pix of the sequence needed...as well as a nice view of the "workings" of the P2V. I hope I don't have the need to do any of this, so your photos are very informative.... Nice work...

Well some of the transitions are a bit dodgy, one of the title plates is in a totally different font, I cheat and use one picture twice as I forgot to take another one in the process... too lazy to re-render or re-shoot!

But thanks for your kind words - the main thing I wanted to get across was it isn't too hard and to let people know what tools they might need. As spare parts are coming on stream now there might be some banged up camera mounts, cracked shells or blown ESCs that need to be sorted out so hopefully some will find it useful.

That's really nice and helpful Pull_Up. Thanks!

If you're in for it, it might be helpful for us newbies to have a video to demo how to properly separate the halves of the controller at the antenna. That's the point where I had the most difficulty in getting to the USB port when updating the firm wear on that board. I was nervous and afraid that I would break something…
Perhaps there already is one somewhere, but I have not found it.

(I still find that it's odd that a manufacturer of such a technical electronic device would expect users to tear into it's innards!!!)

Great vid!

There is one out there for showing how to open up the controller, saw it in rcgroups somewhere.... But hopefully it's not so needed now the new controllers have the external usb socket

Pull_Up said:
As I've been asked by a couple of people recently, and because it's easier to explain with pictures, I've just made a very quick (and not very polished!) video explaining how to remove the top shell of the Vision. If you need to get in there for repairs, or to put a Flytrex on or are just interested in the internals then this gives you a step-by-step and what tools you'll need. I've also shown how to remove the camera unit as well.

http://youtu.be/FLgwyoJvqM8

Remember if you do open up the Vision and/or add/remove/swap out any of its hardware then you should always recalibrate the compass in a suitably wide-open and non-ferromagnetic/metallic environment before your next flight.

Nicely done (insert tennis clap here) I know I'm getting Flytrex for Christmas... because I had to help her order it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought I had a good handle on how to pop the cover on the PV... didn't then. Do now. :oops:

Thanks a bunch...
-slinger

I got my Flytrex yesterday and two of the body screws just would not come out. A night of absolute frustration. Today though I discovered I could do what needed to be done without completely removing the top, so problem solved and it's now installed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl