How to improve video signal strength?

Reaction score
How do you improve the video signal strength? I'm flying in an open field with no interfering signals nearby. Clear line of sight. My video feed drops out 150-200 feet out. Control signal is still fine. How do I keep the video feed from dropping so much?

install magic power v5.
see thread further down the page. providing your in CE area.

or replace the stock birdside 2.4ghz antenna. search birdside mod v2

The universal answer of course is better antenna.

$50 ~ Argtek system ... made my P3S capable of over 2000m Control and Video ... in fact Control crapped out before Video. (That's at 27db power level ... I used ICARUS to up the power from CE level).

$120 ~ DBS Itelite system .... many people rate this highly and often quote similar range or better than my ARGTEK ... (for that price I would hope so !!).

OK ... some people have trouble getting ARGTEK to perform ... various people come up with ideas why .. but I don't think anyone really knows the definitive answer. ARGTEK do warn people on their site to be careful to fit the connectors properly - I can confirm that as what appears to be connected still needs that final hard push !

Magic Power or ICARUS is only really of use if you are in CE or region that requires P3 to be set at low power. If you are USA - then maybe - but you should be at reasonable power level there. It's then antenna related.

My tests and gear used - indicates that Birdside modification is not actually necessary. But then again - some like to 'tinker' ...

I have even added powered boosters and had over 5000m ... but I only did it to prove I could do it ... again only mods were to Controller - nothing apart from ICARUS to AC ...

Nigel

I am in the US.

I don't want to fly out of sight, so I don't need super signal boosting. I think the ARGTek may suffice for improving video signal reliability. I assume that mod will void my warranty?

Yes, it will void the warrenty but you could always purchase a 2nd controller and keep it for that faitfull day you might need it.

Keep an eye on eBay as they pop up now and again being sold by people who loose their bird.

I will be selling my near perfect Controller - but I live over the hills and far away in Latvia ...

Basically my P3S is beyond repair but controller is like new with ARGTEK fitted. works excellently ... lucky buyer will get a good controller, good battery in it, and the original antenna in a box.

Just saying - Yes - they do come up on eBay etc.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18