How to focus at night?

Reaction score
Good day, I can not focus at night f2.8 iso 800 or 400 of 30 photos 27 I get blurry I tried manual focus but it is very difficult even adi does not look clear, tips?

I suspect that the blurring is due to movement and not focus. F2.8 and iso 800 is most likely to give a slow shutter speed
Trust me it's not movement Philltayl. These gimbles can shoot stills pretty sharp at 1 and 2 second captures. I'm sure they are out of focus and not movement. I had the same thing with video at night a couple of weeks ago. I believe the camera is focusing as close up as possible unless you have something pretty decently lit that is bright enough for the camera to focus on when you tap the screen to focus it. I forgot to tap on a bright courthouse many times and they were way out by front focusing. I would have thought that once I focused on that courthouse once that it would kind of keep that close even after I had started and stopped several clips and photos. But all the stuff that I didn't tap on that courthouse were way out. But the first two clips I did where I had tapped on the bright building were fine!

Trust me it's not movement Philltayl. These gimbles can shoot stills pretty sharp at 1 and 2 second captures. I'm sure they are out of focus and not movement. I had the same thing with video at night a couple of weeks ago. I believe the camera is focusing as close up as possible unless you have something pretty decently lit that is bright enough for the camera to focus on when you tap the screen to focus it. I forgot to tap on a bright courthouse many times and they were way out by front focusing. I would have thought that once I focused on that courthouse once that it would kind of keep that close even after I had started and stopped several clips and photos. But all the stuff that I didn't tap on that courthouse were way out. But the first two clips I did where I had tapped on the bright building were fine!
Autofocus works very poorly, an example of day
Captura de pantalla 2017-02-12 a las 21.28.58.png

Being a fulltime photographer, I've had to battle focus with dark scenarios focusing on many occasions.... Not saying that the focus on the P4P is spot on every time, sometimes it feels like a tap game, but I know for a fact that if there isn't enough light OR enough contrast between the objects that you're trying to focus on, the lens will miss, ESPECIALLY on a low aperture setting.... I've read (and in my own experience) that between f/4 - f/6 are the sweet spots for the P4P

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures