how to enable course lock?

Reaction score
I've looked at the manuals, and at a couple of the videos, and at a bunch of the threads on IOC and CL on this forum. Here's my steps, what I expected to happen, and actual results:

MY STEPS:
  1. power on the control unit, plug the battery into the drone and connect the drone to my laptop
  2. open DJI NAZA-M V2 Assistant
  3. click Advanced
  4. click IOC
  5. check the Intelligent Orientation Control checkbox, select the course lock icon
  6. close the assistant, remove the drone battery, power off the control unit
  7. move outdoors, power on the control unit
  8. plug in the drone battery
  9. put the drone in GPS mode
  10. do the compass orientation dance
  11. get a green light from the drone indicating it found satellites. (I forget what the lights under the arms were showing, it was NOT the expected yellow as called out in one of the videos)
  12. lift off, fly further than 30 feet away
  13. use the left and right controls to see what the drone thinks l and r are
  14. spin the drone 90 degrees
  15. use the left and right controls again
RESULT
  • behavior when commanding left and right differ before and after spinning the drone

EXPECTED
  • commanding left gives the same result, regardless of the direction the nose is pointing
  • commanding right gives the same result, regardless of the direction the nose is pointing

SOME QUESTIONS
  1. What is the biz about Naza mode in the Assistant? I don't have that.
  2. Is course lock not supported in GPS mode? I see that in the threads on this forum, but not in the docs or in the videos.

Add step 5A = Hit "enter" before leaving the page.

EDIT:
And go to "VIEW" prior to closing the assistant. It gives you the opportunity to view, without changing, a number of settings are before closing the assistant.

Let me know if I win the prize.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I've looked at the manuals, and at a couple of the videos, and at a bunch of the threads on IOC and CL on this forum. Here's my steps, what I expected to happen, and actual results:

SOME QUESTIONS
  1. What is the biz about Naza mode in the Assistant? I don't have that.
  2. Is course lock not supported in GPS mode? I see that in the threads on this forum, but not in the docs or in the videos.

Hopefully some good answers.
I think the "NAZA MODE" only applies to the P2 and maybe the P3. We've got the "Dumb Birds". Kinda like my phone, it doesn't surf or have any apps. My phone makes calls, sends and receives texts, and can get and send small pics. The P2 and P3 can do more turned off, than our birds while running at full speed. Yes, I am exaggerating a bit, but hopefully I've made my point.

Course lock is supported in GPS mode. You must flip the appropriate switch on your controller, into the CL position for it to work. I am assuming you have gone into the NAZA assistant and confirmed that when you flip one of the switches, that you see the "Course Lock" being selected.

What else you got? We always love to see videos of folks having fun with their Phantoms. Please don't post a video that's going to piss of the peanut gallery though... :D

OK thanks, this is resolved, thanks for all your suggestions.

The bit about hitting ENTER before leaving the page is news to me, I'll try that next time!
Yes, CL is supported in GPS mode.
AND yes, the bit about NAZA mode...it makes sense now I understand that NAZA mode is not a P1 feature.

The fix for me was this:
Once the drone is in the air, flip the left-hand switch on the control unit (the docs call this the 'S2' switch) from OFF to CL six times quickly.
I did not see this in the manual, did not see it in the several videos.
(My son picked it up somewhere, so someone...somewhere did discover it and pass it on.)

OK thanks, this is resolved, thanks for all your suggestions.

The bit about hitting ENTER before leaving the page is news to me, I'll try that next time!
Yes, CL is supported in GPS mode.
AND yes, the bit about NAZA mode...it makes sense now I understand that NAZA mode is not a P1 feature.

The fix for me was this:
Once the drone is in the air, flip the left-hand switch on the control unit (the docs call this the 'S2' switch) from OFF to CL six times quickly.
I did not see this in the manual, did not see it in the several videos.
(My son picked it up somewhere, so someone...somewhere did discover it and pass it on.)

If I'm remembering correctly, ALL entries into the NAZA assistant want you to "ENTER" them into the memory.

That fix sounds mighty odd to me.
Could it be possible there was a mix up between CL and Compass Calibration?

My bird goes into CL when I flip the switch to that position. It also goes into HL (Home Lock) when I flip the same switch to the appropriate position.

You're welcome, hope I'm still helping.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl