Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 Firmware How to downgrade via DJI Go App

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by TDKUK, May 16, 2016.

1. TDKUK

Hi,

this has probably been covered but plenty of people are asking;

In the DJIGo app, press and hold the 'Academy' link......up pops a downgrade option!!!!

I have made a really poor slideshow--

hope it helps someone

2. Buzz rabbit

Mine comes up with firmware unknown

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. TDKUK

I have heard that quite a lot! I'll have a try with mine once charged again....

I've made a little progress today; I have an older iPhone with the previous version app on it. I thought that it was giving a tiny bit more range before losing video but really it was wishfull thinking! I let it update to the latest from the Apple store and after reading other advice I re-linked the RC and calibrated the IMU from within the App.

The test flight just now found video working out to 90m! a big improvement from before but still nothing like what it should be, prior to this update I had never lost video and had flown for ages at 120m Alt and 200m linear distance away....it was so capable it was getting a bit boring! teehee

Next step I think is to uninstall the app and reload it onto the phone, have you tried that yourself yet?

Have to say the P3S flies very well on the new FW, it is certainly smoother and sounds different too! it's quieter with less of a miss-matched 'beat-note' in the prop noise like they are running at a more synchronised speed??

Still. we should get better range on video! even my old toy 'copters, the X5C and Hubsan were better than this!

regards

Terry

4. SkynetOne

This is good to know.

I caved into the 'popup' and upgraded the firmware on the controller from 1.5.70 to 1.6.0.

...which cause another error to popup.