How much do you belive in your phantom (waypoints)

Reaction score
The question is:
Do you trust the phantom to set some waypoints out of TX and lightbridge signal range and hope for it to come back?

I use litchi for waypoints and have made two flights where I lost conntact with the TX and the lightbridge feed. I think it`s cool and a little bit scary.
Yes I did my research beforehand so I knew it should come back if I had set the last waypoint to my home location which I did.

I love this bird!

I've played with it and thus far I've been very pleased with waypoints but don't have the nerve to test it out to the outer limits of the signal. Too much to lose at least for me.

Reactions: Buckaye
I used to test groundstation flight beyond the radio signal and felt like throwing up every time.... so I don't know if I would do that with this version of waypoints :)

In the area I live in GS is a normal way of flying if you want to get river shots. Trees all around me are 125-135 ft tall and one I go out 1-2 blocks signal goes away. It is a cheek tightener revelry time you fly waypoints but you have to take a lot of things into consideration. Obsticles of all types. I set my altitude to 200 ft and I clear all power lines and high tension towers. Just have to make sure no cell towers in my rout as some of them can reach that height. You have to adjust for wind. Getting a head wind can consume battery power. Never go out further than 8 minutes fly time so you have time to return and have a little reserve for wind gusts. Never take off in winds over 10 as they are 25+ at 2-300 ft. Plan you flight and double check each way point for altitude and speed. Then hit go and cross your fingers and tighten your cheeks. Some time that out and back can take 15 minutes and it's like an hour waiting. Beautiful videos though. Remember you are not following the FAA guidelines for Line of sight. I'm over the water so it would be me who looses. No damage to anyone or anything. I have a 142 flight with GS. Triple check those sattelites. That's the only way back .. GPS

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Done it two more times now, it`s kind of scary, but hey, how often do you loose GPS signal up in there if you`ve done a good preflight?
Electronic devices can fail, but what are the chances yours is going to fail?

Murphy`s law
whatever can go wrong, will go wrong

Last edited:
DJI Go wont allow waypoints to go out far enough to even slightly worry. I fly 2+km fairly regularly. a I can shoot at a 500m waypoint. No worries!

Every time you fly you take a chance. All you can do I do you preflight so, make sure the conditions are right, double check everything and hit GO! Then tighten you cheeks, cross your fingers and keep looking skyward and listening. If all goes well after a while you'll hear a buz in the air and you can relax. You just beat Murphy again.

haha, nice people. I guess were all thinking the same. The chances are small, but we know it potentially can happen.
I fly with litchi on waypoints, I like litchi;)
Not so much holding back as with DJI.
But, DJI GO is very good, except thoose few things.
I hope DJI takes the best out of litchi then it will be jackpot!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom