How do you clean your phantom?

Reaction score
Over the weekend my parents wanted video of their crops. Little did I know dust was everywhere. What are your safest and best way to clean it? Motors etc. I'm thinking air duster or this electric air duster that I own while working on computers. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Yes,
I use compressed air ( my compressor ) with moisture catch, then, combination, baby wipes, q-tips, WD-40 plastic safe contact cleaner ( for battery connections, and data ports ) I also open mine once every couple months, to inspect, and remove any foreign debris, dust, grass, sand, ect. It gets everywhere, I started using a piece of 2'x2' plywood, as a takeoff, landing pad. I have a vision not plus, and I did a bunch of beach flights, well, I got a piece of something caught in my heat fan on camera, so I opened it to fix, the camera housing was FULL of sand, like a half a spoon full, so it goes everywhere, lol. But that is what I use, but I keep mine SPOTLESS, as I use it in all my videos, and want it to stay presentable! But that is me, Felix Unger! Take care!

J Dot

+1 on the compressed air for clearing dust out of the motors.
I use Iso-Propyl alcohol to clean the shell if it gets dirty.It's good for getting grass stains off if you have nose over when landing on grass.
It gets blood and bug guts off pretty well too.

Soap and water and sometime for bug juice the magic eraser.

Bugs have blood too,especially the ones that feed on it.
There's lots of bugs and insects where I do most of my flying and they can make a mess sometimes.Large beatles are the worst,they have got some vile stuff inside them.

Yes,
I collided with a huge June beetle, causing tons of blood and guts, I have a 2yr old, and had some baby wipes left over, and it cleaned the mess instantly, so I just kept using them, as they work well, a bit unusual, but I had them why not! I know everyone thinks I'm crazy, but THEY WORK, with no residue!

J Dot

Be careful using a vacuum for cleaning, they produce a high electrostatic discharge at the nozzle end that will zap your circuit boards.

I once washed my car, but a few days later it was right back to dirty. taught me not to bother washing my car anymore. that was 30 years ago. same philosophy with p2v3+ - have not had any problems yet in 9 months of flying. take pix over corn andbeans for farmer tenents all the time too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl