How do I install 2.4 data link?

Reaction score
ok so i have the phantom 2 and it is all apart. but how do I install the data link? i have the orange naza but no can bus connectors? am i missing something?

okay so guess i didn't need to take apart. can bus on legs. but i have mini iosd which has a can bus. i have no spot for that one. can i plug downlink into iosd and then that into bus on leg?

The manual says that the Phantom 2 doesn't yet support the ground station, but will in January.

I think you will find that the full blown 2.4 Data link kit that has been out for a while will work right now? This is unless the suggested January date is when the Can-Bus port is activated via firmware? Does iOSD work currently if so other Can-bus devices should.

Either way as I understand it you will need either iOSD Mark II or a Can Bus Hub to use both iOSD mini and the Datalink as each device needs a Can-bus port.

My expectation (and I am purely speculating) is that in January DJI will do one of two things: Either release a firmware update that opens more parameters up the currently available BTU unit (which you will likely have to then buy sepearatley) thus allowing you to use an iPad to program in waypoints. If they go that option you will probably not get the full blown range like the 2.4 Datalink does. You will be able to pre-program a flight but not track it beyond standard bluetooth 4.0 range.

Or: They will will release a 2.4 Datalink Mini which will be designed to fit either in or on the Phantom 2.

I am maybe being a bit snyical but history dictates with DJI that really good features come without a cost.... As far as i can tell from images the mainboard there is no Bluetooth 4.0 chip so at minimum it will probably need the BTU.

Time will tell! We need a whistleblower at DJI... wonder if they are hiring :lol:

well found all the pieces. they were hid dine in box. my phantom 2 came with a hub and the 2.4 datalink so i am guessing it is supported. i just can't get my iPad to see the bluetooth module. it is not picking it up at all. i have a solid green light on the ground rx but a blinking green on the air tx. the mini odd has a can port on its side can i use that instead of the hub? i tried both with same results. what is that port for? now to hook up mini odd i think the wiring goes like this. let me know if it is right
out of p2 yellow and brown go to orange and brown into osd, then out of osd yellow and brown go into vtx along with red and brown out of p2 for vtx power.
thanks

I don't think it is supported quite yet. I think if I remember installing it on my 450, I had to do something in the Naza assistant software.

January is when they tell us about their new 3 axis gimbal. Which is why the price of the zenmuse is so low and why the 2 bundle with zenmuse is so dirt cheap. Clearing warehouses before stocking new product.

well that sucks. i just downloaded the new assistant software for p2 but there is no way to turn on IOC. kinda strange. but after i did that my datalink now has solid green on both rx and tx in link, tx blinking green on transmit the only thing is the bluetooth adapter is not working. non of my devices see a bluetooth signal. that should have nothing to do with the p2 only the ground station part. solid red light on btu

If you connect it directly to the naza and try and do the naza assistant app, does it work? If not, it might not be functioning correctly.

The only thing not working is the Bluetooth unit. My iPad does not see it. I am going to try and hook it up to my discovery pro tomorrow and see if that helps

Interesting - So it came with the datalink too!? That is pretty **** good then considering its cost as a standalone.

What iPad do you have? It won't work with iPad 1 or 2 as they don't have Bluetooth 4.0. I think some of the earlier retina display ones (with the 30 pin connecter) didn't have it either?

EDIT: I was wrong... BT 4.0 came along with the first retina Ipads (Ipad 3 technically) so only Ipad 1 & 2 won't work with the datalink.

ok so got it working with my disk. guess it doesn't work with P2 yet. hope they fix that. also it will not show up under bluetooth on iPad settings. i kept looking there to see if i can find it. thats strange that it will not show up under settings.

The BTU unit does not advertise itself like other bluetooth devices do. You have to start the Naza assistant on the iPad/iphone which will connect with the hidden bluetooth connection of the BTU.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

The BTU unit does not advertise itself like other bluetooth devices do. You have to start the Naza assistant on the iPad/iphone which will connect with the hidden bluetooth connection of the BTU.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka