Horizontal axis slightly off..is there a fix?

Reaction score
When my P2 is on a level surface and powered up, the gimbal appears to be listing to the right (when looking at the front of the aircraft). I don't use any filters on the rig. Is there a fix?

I am using a MAC so if there are any software re-calibration solutions, am I SoL?

thanks, Eric

Mine is about 2degrees out (based upon correction I Have to make) it works great at keeping everything perfectly 4degrees out. Upon inspection it doesnt look straight at the vertical bar to me at the back but without knowing what it should look like I'm not sure whether to return it or not.

Unfortunately, I don't have the solution, but I do have the same problem. The gimbal is tilting ever-so-slightly to the right....barely noticeable unless eye level. (No FPV yet). This started a couple weeks ago when I noticed I had to rotate all my still photos slightly when editing. I'm a a little hesitant to mess with the settings because otherwise it's working great. Any suggestions???? Does anyone know if this can be corrected in the gimbal assistant settings?

Nothing in the settings I could see to adjust this. I pondered putting my quad at a counter angle whilst calibrating the gimbal but no idea if that will actually work

MattBW said:
I pondered putting my quad at a counter angle whilst calibrating the gimbal but no idea if that will actually work
I suspect it might just freak out and give up because of the imbalance.

I've run into this as well. Not sure there's a solution. Just shoot in 2.7k and crop to rotate, I guess?

For those following this thread, I got DJI on the phone pretty easily and have sent my H3-2D back for repair. Turn around time was 4 weeks at the time of the call.

cost to repair? unknown at this point.

I hope this helps,

Eric

Please let me know how this works out for you. I tend to believe that this is a calibration issue, rather than a repair issue. Is there anyone else out there that fixed this problem without sending for repair???

I tried calibration many times. Never rectified with software. DJI said send it in as it is covered under warranty. I will get it back and sell it, since I already installed the H3-3D in its place.

skeyephantom said:
Please let me know how this works out for you. I tend to believe that this is a calibration issue, rather than a repair issue. Is there anyone else out there that fixed this problem without sending for repair???

I have had my Phantom 2 Vision+ for about three weeks and my camera recently started tilting a few degrees and doesn't produce squared up photos. I too would be interested in knowing if there is a fix for this problem. I think this is a calibration issue, but have no idea if a solution exists.

Re: UPDATE Zenmuse sent to DJI for repair

One month ago I had DJI on the phone. The call was quick and I didn't have to wait that long. They wrote me an RMA number and said send in your H3-2D and they will fix it. Wait time is 4 weeks they quoted. Yesterday, I called them about an unrelated battery issue and asked them to check on my Zenmuse. They said it in the repair shop waiting to be looked at - on the shelf waiting it's turn. They also said that they just moved to a new location and had to shutdown for a few days, so they are backed up another week maybe 2.

That's the latest.

Eric

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl