Hobbyking delivery times?

PhantomFan said:
I just cancelled my order for Attitude goggles with Atlanta Hobbies due to the length of time I've been waiting. They did do a "partial delivery"...I had also ordered the Blue Beam Ultra antennae for 5.8 Ghz TX/RX, and those WERE in stock. I have them new in package if you are interested. I have no use for them now.

PF

Just curious if there is a difference between the 65$ antennae you bought and the 15$ similar looking ones on I see on Ebay? I am losing the ability to tell what is being sold as a cheap knockoff and what you can simply buy cheap by buying direct (from China, etc.) by cutting out the middle man...

I am still so happy i found monoprice for example. I buy cables from them for pennies on the dollar compared to other vendors. And i can say that the quality is exactly the same!

windrockwater said:
PhantomFan said:
I just cancelled my order for Attitude goggles with Atlanta Hobbies due to the length of time I've been waiting. They did do a "partial delivery"...I had also ordered the Blue Beam Ultra antennae for 5.8 Ghz TX/RX, and those WERE in stock. I have them new in package if you are interested. I have no use for them now.

PF

Just curious if there is a difference between the 65$ antennae you bought and the 15$ similar looking ones on I see on Ebay? I am losing the ability to tell what is being sold as a cheap knockoff and what you can simply buy cheap by buying direct (from China, etc.) by cutting out the middle man...

I am still so happy i found monoprice for example. I buy cables from them for pennies on the dollar compared to other vendors. And i can say that the quality is exactly the same!

I suspect that you're right
..when it comes to antenna's, they're pretty much just wire connections anyhow.
imagine the build quality is better, but that's about it.

I have no idea, other than you get what you pay for. They DO look really well made. The antenna have gold contacts/connections. Nothing cheap about them. Their performance is supposed to be substantially better than the stock Fatshark antenna. That's all I know about them. The product description says that each antenna is balanced and includes a choke that keeps the signal from tracking back down the cable and into other sensitive electronic equipment.

I'm sure Atlanta Hobby will take them back since they were unable to fill the balance of my order, and I never opened them...so it's no skin off my nose one way or the other. Just let me know. Either someone on this board can have them or I'll get an RMA from Atlanta.

You can read one purchaser's review/comment(s) here: http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/vi ... egory=1060

PF

OI Photography said:
750r said:
I ordered 2 battery's from the US warehouse it took about 3 weeks to get them .

Wow...were either of them out of stock at the time? I ordered 2 batts (1 for Tx, one for flight) from the US warehouse two days ago, they're being delivered today. I did pay the $4 or whatever it was to get priority mail (2-3 day), but 3 weeks for even regular mail is nuts.
Yes I thought maybe they where waiting or some new stock I looked and my order said shipped I live in Pa not sure where the US warehouse is . It is no big deal I was in no hurry could not beat the price for 2 batteries I will use them agin and do the priority . I thought maybe they shipped by Pony Express :lol:

As far as batteries go, I had good luck getting them from the HobbyKing US warehouse. Took about four or five calendar days. I bought three Turnigy 5000MaH 3S Lipos. They keep my F450 aloft for over 14 minutes, and that's with me crackin' the throttle and honking the Flamewheel around the yard in ATTI and (more recently) in MANUAL mode. When I land, the battery, ESC and motors are barely warm. Of course, it's only 25 degrees F here, but still... :lol:

PF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl