Hiking with the Phantom

Reaction score
It was a gorgeous weekend here in the Pacific northwest, so I headed up to the mountains for a hike. I also took my Phantom, which I simply strap to my day-pack, and put all the gear inside.

I must have passed about two dozen groups on the trail, and at least half of them asked - "what's that on your backpack?". When I explained, they ALL responded with "that's so cool" or something similar. One guy was so intrigued he asked me to stop so he could take a photo of the Phantom. It was nice to have so many positive responses to the Phantom.

Here's a photo of the setup, and a screen capture from the video.

Attachments

• baker1.jpg
    baker1.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 536
  • 10380573_10152670734194973_8556366876201607801_o.jpg
    10380573_10152670734194973_8556366876201607801_o.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 573
Just don't forget your memory card!! and what you are doing is the future of hiking.

Wedeliver said:
Just don't forget your memory card!!

Funny you should say that. When I started up the Phantom and turned on the GoPro, I saw a "NO SD Card" error message. "Nooooo!!!". It was actually there - all I had to do was pull out the card and re-insert it. But for a moment there....

gavinski said:
Wedeliver said:

Funny you should say that. When I started up the Phantom and turned on the GoPro, I saw a "NO SD Card" error message. "Nooooo!!!". It was actually there - all I had to do was pull out the card and re-insert it. But for a moment there....

The "NO SD Card" error generally only pops up for 3-5 seconds for me and the goes away and all is fine.

I have a slim Dakine Mt biking bag that I strap my phantom too and go hiking. So light and easy to quickly pull it off and spin on some props, your in the air within minutes.

http://instagram.com/p/rU_zatyZ1o/?modal=true

Zeeener said:
gavinski said:
Wedeliver said:

The "NO SD Card" error generally only pops up for 3-5 seconds for me and the goes away and all is fine.

I have a slim Dakine Mt biking bag that I strap my phantom too and go hiking. So light and easy to quickly pull it off and spin on some props, your in the air within minutes.

http://instagram.com/p/rU_zatyZ1o/?modal=true

that is one nice photo. just remember when you go for that walk about, memory cards!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94