Hi and some help please from Melbourne

Reaction score
Hi all, I have previously built a drone from scratch using a DJI NAZA brain and a now about to step into the world of Phantom drones with a pending purchase of a P4P. The main question I have is how automated is the no fly zone logic in the P4P and what do the different colour zones mean.

Where I live is outside the 5km radius from our local small airport (Morrabbin) but from looking at the maps from apps like Hover I am still covered by a larger orange zone, when I click on the orange zone it says "Airports (recreational rules)". I will be doing all of my flying below 400ft and mostly within 20m of sea level across some cliff edges. So the question I have is will the P4P still fly in these zones or will not even let me take off ? I also notice that there are blue zones which are "restricted Special use airspace".

I am assuming that if you are flying that accidentally go into a restricted zone that the P4P won't just land if it is over water ?

Andrew.

Reactions: dirkclod
Download the new flight app from CASA and drop a pin on your intended flight location.

IMG_0141.PNG

Reactions: roosta
Hi all, I have previously built a drone from scratch using a DJI NAZA brain and a now about to step into the world of Phantom drones with a pending purchase of a P4P. The main question I have is how automated is the no fly zone logic in the P4P and what do the different colour zones mean.

Where I live is outside the 5km radius from our local small airport (Morrabbin) but from looking at the maps from apps like Hover I am still covered by a larger orange zone, when I click on the orange zone it says "Airports (recreational rules)". I will be doing all of my flying below 400ft and mostly within 20m of sea level across some cliff edges. So the question I have is will the P4P still fly in these zones or will not even let me take off ? I also notice that there are blue zones which are "restricted Special use airspace".

I am assuming that if you are flying that accidentally go into a restricted zone that the P4P won't just land if it is over water ?

Andrew.
Try downloading the new CASA app 'can I fly there'. If you set up your location on the app it will advise you of any restrictions in place, max height etc.
There is a stack of information on the DJI Australia FB page, join up and you can ask more specific questions that are quickly answered by locals in the know.

Thanks, so what is the difference between the orange and redish zones ? My interest is more from a software perspective in the P4P, does the P4P have logic to limit it's usage within the red or just within the orange ? Ie is the red just a warning area and the orange a hard no fly zone controlled through logic ?

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome cinan, look forward to your first flight video!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka