Here we go again.....!

Reaction score
I have read thru numerous threads on downloading maps to devises that d/n have GPS and also watched numerous vids. on the subject. Is it "normal" for when you scroll the map screen of the area you want to fly in, that you only get a 1mi. radius of an area, regardless of whether you use sat/hybrid/road map layers? I'm using a Lenovo Tab4 (WiFi only) devise. I fly a P3std. and all other functions work with the tablet. Am I missing a basic prompt or.....? And before anyone asks, I'm using my home WiFi router when I do this and am not connected to my bird (or should I be?). Also using the "DJI go" app. with latest version installed. I haven't flown w/ this tablet yet, but it seems to statically work as far as I can tell because I can perform all setting adjustments and can view thru the camera. Thanx for any suggestions on this. H.P.:(

One thing you need to do when you first call up the map when connected to wifi is to be sure to scroll around at a good zoomed level to capture in memory all of the area detail you wish to fly. Zoom in and out and scroll around a larger area. If, for example, you just call up the satellite image of you property and then disconnect, you will wind up with a sharp aerial of your property but a blurry or no aerial for other parts of the neighborhood and beyond. Naturally, this also might rely on the amount of memory a particular tablet model may have. Inexpensive tablets may have memory limitations.

Thanx MapMaker, I thought I was doing just that. My tablet has 2GB memory, but maybe you have a point with it not being able to store maps properly. Again thanx. H.P.:)

Sorry, but that is really small. One battery of flight can use almost 4 gig on your sd card. I don't think your tablet can process things fast enough?

Sorry, but that is really small. One battery of flight can use almost 4 gig on your sd card. I don't think your tablet can process things fast enough?
Well I might have to use it the way it is. It is what it is I guess. I'll probably just play around with it, for the time being. Thanx! H.P.:)

UPDATE: Wellllll… come to find out, with a little button push'n, you can't have "airplane mode" on. Turned it "off" and I was able to scroll out as far as I needed. So I think I got enough area zoomed in-out and saved. Turned WiFi "off" and "airplane mode" back "on" then opened the DJI GO app. and still had my map area "saved". Will find out when the Wx warms up a little and the winds calm down. Hopefully it won't be longer than 30days or I'll have to do it all over again (practice, practice, practice!). So folks, check you're settings if you are having issues with saving/downloading maps to your devices. Wish me luck! H.P.:rolleyes:
P.S. I d/n have the bird activated while doing this.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119