Helping my son fly!

Reaction score
Hey! I’m new to the forum and find myself unexpectedly in need of advise. My cousin asked my 11 year old son if he would like to try and fix his crashed phantom 3 pro. He gave us the drone minus the battery, camera, charger and propellers. We diagnosed the problem as a broken antenna wire and promptly bought propellers and a new wire on amazon for $40. I didn’t want to spend needless money on a battery if the drone was toast so borrowed one from my cousin. Well, it all fired up perfect and we we’re flying the next day. I swapped my cousin for some work on his fence in return for the battery and charger. My son loves it and is really good at flying it. We have 70 acres and tons of open space. On to the bad news.....in a bizarre accident my son flew the drone into the chicken coop and landed in the duck pool! We took it completely apart and have it drying. My question...if it won’t fire back up, should be buy a cheap pro shell and try to link our current controller to it? I only need the drone for him to fly around the farm. I’m not interested in the camera or all the other neat functions of the p3 pro. But he is really hooked on it!!

Try going through this thread, it may be of some help. If you are familiar with R/c flying, the controller binds with the reciever so that while in use (flying) it ignores outside commands from other controllers. So I believe if you change up the P3P the new one will have to go through the binding process with your controller. Can I bind a new P4P to my plus controller?

Never had one in water yet but some pack their drone with rice to absorb moisture wait a day or two before you try it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT