Help Recovering Corrupted MP4 After Crash

Reaction score
Before I got a Phantom 4, I got a Blade Chroma 4k. Well, tonight it dropped out of the sky about a minute after takeoff. By that I mean, it literally went up about 50 ft or so and dropped like a rock. I was horrified because all was normal and wham, dropped.

Anyways I had started recording and the MP4 file is 127 MB or so. Every program I've tried says its too corrupted to open or repair (I googled "repair MP4 Mac" and downloaded programs). Anyone have any hints? I think I stand an excellent chance of it being replaced - but honestly this has me shaken. At the least I'd love to have the footage. The camera was pointed down so it'd be one helluva video.

When that happens to me, I didn't turn of the video before turning of the Phantom. Once you shoot another video you should be able to retrieve the lost one.

When that happens to me, I didn't turn of the video before turning of the Phantom. Once you shoot another video you should be able to retrieve the lost one.

Thanks!! I did that (camera still works!!) and got the video. Video confirms it simply shut off in flight. The last image was it flying just fine at slightly above tree level.

After I calmed down and looked it, I realized I could probably fix it myself but I will send it in anyways because I don't trust it and would prefer a replacement.

Last edited:
If the memory card you inserted was external, either something got lodged in the card reader, the card popped out, or the battery came loose. It's unlikely that a crash alone can corrupt data, unless there was severe damage to the card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan