Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

HELP Missing gimbal piece!

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by Paul Shalhoub, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Paul Shalhoub

Hi guys, my PV2+ stopped working mid-flight yesterday (unsure why) and fell approx 15m.The gimbal+camera disconnected after crash. I hooked everything back up:
    - camera function still works
    - error message comes up saying to remove gimbal cover
    - makes a noise that sounds like it's trying to move the gimbal but something is stopping it.
    I think there is a piece missing, as you can see in the attached photo, with mine being on the right. The arm that attaches where I think the piece is missing feels overly wobbly also.
    I'm from Australia, any suggestions what I can do? Is it possible to replace this part?

Thanks in advance!

Gimbal missing piece.jpg

2. madfrenchie

There's actually supposed to be a small baring there. Without the baring the camera unit will wobble on the shaft.

I'm not 100% sure where you guy purchase a replacement baring that size though.

3. Paul Shalhoub

Any ideas what I could do? Possible to make something that serves the same purpose?

4. madfrenchie

You may be able to make something, but any amount of drag caused by whatever you make will reduce the stability of the gimbal.

Take a look at this link
    http://drone.parts/store/product/dj...-bearings-thrust-washers-retaining-clips-set/

This is a motor rebuild kit, but I am almost sure the bearings are the same size! I will measure mine tonight and let you know the results.

5. Paul Shalhoub

Mate, that would be awesome!

6. madfrenchie

Without fully taking my drone apart and measuring the bearings exactly it looks like they are two different sizes, but I can't be sure.

Your next step would probably be to look on e-bay and search for broken gimbals you can buy and just use the parts you need.

7. Paul Shalhoub

Dang, cheers for your help though.