Help crashed and now no GPS. Navigation system error, check redundancy state.

Reaction score
So the p4 hit a branch and came down hard enough to do a little damage but nothing crazy. However there were multiple gimbal errors and a navigation system error. Updated firmware and re calibrated imu and compass. Cleared the gimbal errors but not the GPS error. Not the app says"cannot take off" and there are no satellites available and the are a with the satellite is shaded grey. I have taken it apart a little and didn't notice and damage or disconnected wires PLEASE HELP ME DIAGNOSE THIS.

Reactions: gshinde84
So the p4 hit a branch and came down hard enough to do a little damage but nothing crazy. However there were multiple gimbal errors and a navigation system error. Updated firmware and re calibrated imu and compass. Cleared the gimbal errors but not the GPS error. Not the app says"cannot take off" and there are no satellites available and the are a with the satellite is shaded grey. I have taken it apart a little and didn't notice and damage or disconnected wires PLEASE HELP ME DIAGNOSE THIS.
Sorry to hear about your accident.

Are you checking for satellites while outside?
Did you take it apart enough to see the underside of the shell top where the GPS module lives and confirm that it's still mounted to the lid and connected?

I'm curious why you'd update FW while trying to troubleshoot after a crash. Normally you'd want to fix it back to it's prior state and make sure that all is well before adding variables such as a new FW.

Reactions: JoBe and ravedog
Sorry to hear about your accident.

Are you checking for satellites while outside?
Did you take it apart enough to see the underside of the shell top where the GPS module lives and confirm that it's still mounted to the lid connected?

I'm curious why you'd update FW while trying to troubleshoot after a crash. Normally you'd want to fix it back to it's prior state and make sure that all is well before adding variable such as a new FW.
Yes i put it in a field and left it there for a while, no signal. it was my neighbor's drone, he crashed it within hours of getting it (used), i have owned a few dji's and i figured id help him out.I did not remove the upper yet. it's all back together now for the moment. Next step was to remove the upper shell and check the GPS unit like you said. And I read a couple places that installing firmware resets certain issues i was having. and I didn't have the old firmware. I probably have the firmware for P1, P2, P3 and mavic but not P4, I never owned one. i fixed 75% of the errors but am stuck on this one for now. Just thought I'd come to the best, forum for help,around.

Reactions: Oso
PFFFTTT I'm not sure what the real issue was... i took the whole bird apart and put it back together and somehow it now works!!! yay

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl