Hello from Middle Georgia!

Reaction score
Hello from Middle Georgia, home of Robins AFB, and ...me. I'm a retired Air Force E7, avionics technician, now in the IT world. My wife gave me a UDI818-A quadcopter for Christmas this year, and it only took six weeks for me to outgrow it! Its a nice toy, but unless the wind is 0, it's pretty much useless to fly. I'm going to be getting a Phantom 3 Standard any day now, unless I can talk her into letting me go for the Advanced. I have had some experience with an RC helicopter but, again, it was best flown indoors. As soon as I got the UDI, I found out my brother-in-law has a Phantom, as well as a friend at church. I am very excited about the prospect of flying one.

I'm big into forums, so you will be hearing a lot from me in the future.

Watch that Georgia Red Clay..... It sticks to everything... Welcome!

Reactions: Pointyhead
Hello from Middle Georgia, home of Robins AFB, and ...me. I'm a retired Air Force E7, avionics technician, now in the IT world. My wife gave me a UDI818-A quadcopter for Christmas this year, and it only took six weeks for me to outgrow it! Its a nice toy, but unless the wind is 0, it's pretty much useless to fly. I'm going to be getting a Phantom 3 Standard any day now, unless I can talk her into letting me go for the Advanced. I have had some experience with an RC helicopter but, again, it was best flown indoors. As soon as I got the UDI, I found out my brother-in-law has a Phantom, as well as a friend at church. I am very excited about the prospect of flying one.

I'm big into forums, so you will be hearing a lot from me in the future.
I would just get the Advanced. Just get it - I'm sure your wife will understand.

Like they say "It is easier to get forgiveness than permission."

Reactions: Pointyhead
I would just get the Advanced. Just get it - I'm sure your wife will understand.

Like they say "It is easier to get forgiveness than permission."
I should, but I need to swing it around to somehow make it a bargain. She's a sucker for bargains!

And, BTW, I remember those fatigues very well. Wore those for my first 8 years in the AF. That was back in the 1505 days!

Welcome to the forum. I too was stationed at WR AFB Aircraft maintenance, mid 90's. Back when Russell Pkwy didn't reach the hwy. I have a P3S , with hardshell backpack and extra battery and designated galaxy Tab 4, I have less than $680 invested. I got everything except tablet holder at best buy. Since then , professional and advanced models have had prices lowered. I'm happy with what I got, but probably will upgrade eventually. Again welcome to the forum and remember to aim high.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart