Height and distance

Reaction score
I'm a rookie just got P3S week ago. What is the max height and distance?? Also how long does a fully charged RC last? Thank you for any feed back

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If I tell you then you won't read the manual! [emoji6]. Seriously though, you should. Download it, print it, make it bed time reading... better yet, watch the DJI video tutorials.

As you are about to find out, there are a LOT of answers to those questions!!

Welcome aboard, have fun, learn lots, stay safe, and fly often!

PS: depends if you are in beginner mode, how much interference there is, what the terrain is like, what the laws are where you are and what makes sense!

Reactions: Erised
I'm a rookie just got P3S week ago. What is the max height and distance?? Also how long does a fully charged RC last? Thank you for any feed back
Max height is 500m. Max distance depends on interference in the area but usually around 8000'. Fully charged controller will last around 30 hours.

Thank you for the advice. I'm gonna go the manual with a fine tooth comb and watch the tutorials. I have flown it only a few times. And haven't taken it off beginner mode. I'm a little intimidated by it lol. But I'll tell you it's soooo much fun and what great shots I've gotten

I'm a little intimidated by it lol. But I'll tell you it's soooo much fun and what great shots I've gotten

Ain't that the truth! I remember the day I took it out of the box... thinking I'd read and watched enough to have a clue... then when the motors started the first time was like "holy crap"!!

For the record, the box says 1km distance, the app limits 500m height, 23 min of battery.

What is the max height and distance??

Hi and welcome, depends what you are asking - what's legal, or what's AC capable of, because they are different, and vary depending on where you are in the world, as this is a global forum [emoji4].

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

In the US, there is technically no height restriction (lots of heated comments about this on both sides of the issue), although the main community based organization that the FAA suggested as an example of recommendations recommends that flights be under 400 ft. Distance? How far away can you see the bird and tell which way it's pointing. Again, no set limit, but if you are too far away to properly control your bird using only visual clues, that is without referring to the app, then you could be considered to be flying recklessly and that could hit you big time.

The FAA is very clear on this. Stay under 400 feet. You can fly up and over any obstacles as long as you stay within 400 feet to the side of an object.

As a full size pilot my airspace begins at 500 over sparsely populated areas and 1000 over people. A drone through a canopy would be a deadly accident and an impact to a wing may also have serious consequences. It's hard to pick out a small drone while doing 140mph.

We all want to keep our hobby so fly smart.

The FAA can and will use reckless behavior as reason to pull a ticket or fine you. The FAA gets to decide what reckless is!

Unmanned aircraft must weigh less than 55 lbs. (25 kg).• Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the remote pilot in command and theperson manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS. Alternatively, the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the visual observer.• At all times the small unmanned aircraft must remain close enough to the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS for those people to be capable of seeing the aircraft with vision unaided by any device other than corrective lenses.• Small unmanned aircraft may not operate over any persons not directly participating in the operation, not under a covered structure, and not inside a covered stationary vehicle.• Daylight-only operations, or civil twilight (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time) with appropriate anti-collision lighting.• Must yield right of way to other aircraft.• May use visual observer (VO) but not required.• First-person view camera cannot satisfy “see-and-avoid”requirement but can be used as long as requirement issatisfied in other ways.• Maximum groundspeed of 100 mph (87 knots).• Maximum altitude of 400 feet above ground level (AGL) or, ifhigher than 400 feet AGL, remain within 400 feet of astructure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello