Have Warning Lights Behaviour Changed?

Reaction score
When the alarm sounds on the iOS app and you get the on screen message saying the Phantom will go home unless the dialog is cancelled if it then proceeds to "Go Home" all lights on the Phantom go red - two solid reds at the front and flashing reds at the back.

Previously I'm sure that if I toggled the GPS switch to ATTI and then back to GPS it would have just returned to GPS mode with Green lights flashing at the back - but now this doesn't appear to happen. It does go to GPS mode and I have full control but the back lights don't go green, they stay red! This caught me off guard a little as I couldn't immediately tell which way round it was!

I know I could have let it come home but I like to do it manually and now because there are all red lights both front and back it can be a little confusing.

Has this behaviour changed with the new app or was it always like this?

Fourblade said:
When the alarm sounds on the iOS app and you get the on screen message saying the Phantom will go home unless the dialog is cancelled if it then proceeds to "Go Home" all lights on the Phantom go red - two solid reds at the front and flashing reds at the back.

Previously I'm sure that if I toggled the GPS switch to ATTI and then back to GPS it would have just returned to GPS mode with Green lights flashing at the back - but now this doesn't appear to happen. It does go to GPS mode and I have full control but the back lights don't go green, they stay red! This caught me off guard a little as I couldn't immediately tell which way round it was!

I know I could have let it come home but I like to do it manually and now because there are all red lights both front and back it can be a little confusing.

Has this behaviour changed with the new app or was it always like this?

It has always been: flashing reds on the rears mean you are in a low (slow flash) or critical (rapid flash) battery warning condition. If you are in this condition, the rears will not change color no matter what flight mode you are in.

OK thanks - I guess I'll just make sure it's coming right in to land when I get to <1 minute of flight time - so as to avoid the red alert ;-)

I updated to 3.8 and did first full batteey flight..let her cool for 10 mins then put in the 2nd battery to fly some more. I was getting a yellow led every few flashes (inbetween the constant green flashes). I no yellow means rth,hl,cl etc etc could be active but they werent.. it was flying normally.. not sure why it was doing it but decided to lower her down and just fly her around fairly low.. Cant see any problems re flying characteristics so not sure...

Can someone remind me back to grade 2... what color do you get if you mix green/red? Wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me...

Justin, that happened to me too, i.e. thought I was seeing things, particularly when looking at the copter at a particular angle. Turned out I was just a bit too focused on the LEDs.

So its just old age / eyes playing tricks ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl