Hate to add another crack thread

Reaction score
But these look different than what others are reporting. They don't look fatal, but...

This is a 2 week old unit with 1.5 hours of flight time, no crashes, not even a hard landing.

It is a new unit with the new shell and new motors.

image.jpeg

Reactions: peterepeat69
:eek:

A crack is a crack, its going to get worse the more and more you fly it.

Seems like DJI did not resolve the problem but your the first I have heard and seen with the new motors and shell getting cracks.

Christmas is around the corner and I'm dreading whats going to come after since any Tom, **** and Harry is going to be getting a P3 and not doing checks before and after a flight.

My advice would be get the P3 repaired or replaced.

Reactions: Mario_SB
Sorry I sure hate to here that! Only option is to contact DJI for an replacement.

You sure u got the new motors? Let's see a picture.
If true,u are the first to report crack w new motors. If that's a crack...can't really tell.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
That's definitely a crack. Mine did same but was from a crash where motor caught a tree limb. Yours doesn't look like s stress crack but rather like the to part of the motor was caught and twisted causing the crack. They both run to the motors foundation bolts. If it a new unit is contact support.

You are not the first one to have noticed cracks on new shells with new motors.

Reactions: nickyb
You sure u got the new motors? Let's see a picture.
If true,u are the first to report crack w new motors. If that's a crack...can't really tell.

Here are the motor and shell pics.

Only 2 weeks old, so put in RMA request to BHPhoto as defective. Will update with result.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 652
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 671
Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer
Mine is on Germany....for the second time.

Meanwhile, gonna buy the new shell, reinforce it with Bondic or whatever and modd it..

Welcome to the club!!

Yes I had cracks on three of the arms with new motors and new shell P3P. I am not buying another and I need too for business. Sooner or later it will catch up with DJI. Somebody soon will be the next best thing.

Yes I had cracks on three of the arms with new motors and new shell P3P. I am not buying another and I need too for business. Sooner or later it will catch up with DJI. Somebody soon will be the next best thing.
Just for my information: how high do you usually fly your bird?

Just for my information: how high do you usually fly your bird?

This whole cracking thing is happening way to often . Sure lots of people don't have cracks but I'm sure there are Lots and lots that crack and
And the owners aren't on these forums. DJI has some cool features and they do cool things but I think they build a pretty crappy case for the $$$ they sell for. They need a whole new design. The shell on these things I'd bet doesn't cost them $10.00 to make..sure they fix it with another crappy case. I would take a phantom 3 with a few minutes less flight time if a better case was abit heavier. We spend a lot of dollars on these things and should be getting a better built machine.
Dale

I think this is the most likely problem as well.
I haven't tried the screws on my P3 but on the P2 they were incredibly tight.
But I read DJI says its due to a batch problem :) , whereas you are pointing to a assembly line issue (manufacturing problem)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj