Has ANYONE got a P4P Plus thats working 100%

Not trying to insult your intelligence, honest. I open my DJI app at home and ensure my WIFI is connected and switched on. Ensure the drone is switched on. When the app gets the GPS signal and you get the message "........... please check your location on the map......" I then tap the bottom left corner. It will open up in some weird place. Mine was Belgium. It you look at the top right of the screen you will see some icons, I dont have a RC to check so I cannot tell you exactly. But one of those round? Icons will actually centre you on your current location. When you can see where you are on the map you then scroll the map to the area you intend to fly from. Expand & contract the map with your fingers a few times. You should then have the map automatically installed in the RC cache. So when you go flying it will be there for you. If you still cannot see it when your at your location then tap that icon again and it should centre on your location.

Hope this helps. :D
I will give it a shot but I never see anything there except my home point and the drone arrow. And yes I am sitting by my router and have full wifi bars. No offense taken

Not trying to insult your intelligence, honest. I open my DJI app at home and ensure my WIFI is connected and switched on. Ensure the drone is switched on. When the app gets the GPS signal and you get the message "........... please check your location on the map......" I then tap the bottom left corner. It will open up in some weird place. Mine was Belgium. It you look at the top right of the screen you will see some icons, I dont have a RC to check so I cannot tell you exactly. But one of those round? Icons will actually centre you on your current location. When you can see where you are on the map you then scroll the map to the area you intend to fly from. Expand & contract the map with your fingers a few times. You should then have the map automatically installed in the RC cache. So when you go flying it will be there for you. If you still cannot see it when your at your location then tap that icon again and it should centre on your location.

Hope this helps. :D
When I open it i see nothing but the home point and arrow. Do you have the plus?

As you may have gathered I am sending my P4P Plus back due to numerous problems. I am very disappointed in its performance.

So before I buy another as a replacement I would simply like to know if there actually are good ones out there? Or has the P4P Plus been let down at the design and software stages?

Has anyone got a P4P Plus that works fine. Goes into and out of modes no problem? Does what its supposed to do whilst its in those modes. Tap Fly, Draw etc? Some one who has actually used these modes as advertised? I am curious.

I am particularly interested in P4P Plus owners.

Thanks!

My P4 Advanced +

I have had problems with the screen locking up... it freezes on an image and that is it until I restart the remote. There are no warning messages or error messages just freezes up. The remote still works perfectly and records all video and images flawlessly. I sent the remote + back to the place I purchased and they sent me a new one... it was working for a while until the same problem happened. Has anyone experienced this issue as well?

Thanks

My P4 Advanced +

I have had problems with the screen locking up... it freezes on an image and that is it until I restart the remote. There are no warning messages or error messages just freezes up. The remote still works perfectly and records all video and images flawlessly. I sent the remote + back to the place I purchased and they sent me a new one... it was working for a while until the same problem happened. Has anyone experienced this issue as well?

Thanks

I've had my P4P+ since Dec 2016. Started using it once
the weather was warmer. To date I haven't had any issues
with the P4P+, Software or flight features I have used so
far. Haven't tried all the fight features yet. No problems
with obstacle avoidance (tested it) or transmission/radio
range tests ( 2.5 Km ). I have no need to fly further.

As you may have gathered I am sending my P4P Plus back due to numerous problems. I am very disappointed in its performance.

So before I buy another as a replacement I would simply like to know if there actually are good ones out there? Or has the P4P Plus been let down at the design and software stages?

Has anyone got a P4P Plus that works fine. Goes into and out of modes no problem? Does what its supposed to do whilst its in those modes. Tap Fly, Draw etc? Some one who has actually used these modes as advertised? I am curious.

I am particularly interested in P4P Plus owners.

Thanks!
I sent my first P4Pro+ back and received an immediate replacement. The new one has performed flawlessly and all of the modes have worked the way I expected them to. It boots up fast, and once up and hovering, I select the modes with no problem. I am thoroughly enjoying the added power and video capabilities as compared to my older P3Pro... though it's funny that my P3Pro has better range.
Follow is fine, but I use that in very limited situations. I do use tri-pod mode often for cinematic applications and am very satisfied. I also like the small case and new prop design, it's a great machine and I've been fortunate enough not to have the software glitches that so many are reporting. So far so good.

Like some others said, when using the flight feature modes remote freezes than i have to turn it off and on again, which always scares the s*$# out of me. I really hope they fix this on the next update. Also when i try to watch a 4k footage plugged via hdmi to the tv the remote can't keep up! It works for 2-3 mins than the fan in the remote kicks in and the image starts skipping on the tv. The processor on the remote is really weak compared to let's say a ipad and iphone or android devices.

After three trips to Best Buy, mine is finally working as advertised. LOL! They were so sick of me that they came up with a restocking policy for drones.
That 15% restocking fee is ridiculous! I returned both my defective aircraft for refund, rather than exchange, because the new exchange required accepting the 15% restocking fee for a refund, but my original defective aircraft were grandfathered for a refund without a restocking fee. Now I am on their alert list for too many refunds! I'm done with Best Buy! Their DJI stock has the worst QC, and they are all from the same defective batch of DJI aircraft with matching serial numbers!:eek: They also have stopped price matching the tax free prices of both DJI and B&H! That's a hit of $117 on the P4P. Better to buy from B&H directly with a 30 day refund, no tax, with no restocking fee! P4P is currently $1408 at B&H.:cool:

Last edited:
I may agree that the wind sensing is a bit too touchy at this moment of firmware ironing, but how do you know that "there isn't any wind"? Read my post again, please ...
Once you have acknowledged the "high wind warning" (regardless of its accuracy, or lack there of), you certainly don't need to be reminded of it every 15 seconds, and have to repeatedly re-acknowledge it, to remove the obstructive warning from the FPV! I get it! You think it's windy! But I want to fly anyway! Get the heck out of my way, DJI! :eek::rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:
The only time I've had a problem with my P4P+ is when I didn't realize the Kp (geomagnetic storm) was at 5. Then I nearly lost it because of how crazy it started flying. Managed to land safely. Now I never fly if Kp is > 4. I've used a few of the flight settings such as POI and Tap and Fly. No issues.
Kp settings are not an issue with the P4P aircraft. Must have been something else going on and it was just a coincidence, but not the cause.

I sent my first P4Pro+ back and received an immediate replacement. The new one has performed flawlessly and all of the modes have worked the way I expected them to. It boots up fast, and once up and hovering, I select the modes with no problem. I am thoroughly enjoying the added power and video capabilities as compared to my older P3Pro... though it's funny that my P3Pro has better range.
Follow is fine, but I use that in very limited situations. I do use tri-pod mode often for cinematic applications and am very satisfied. I also like the small case and new prop design, it's a great machine and I've been fortunate enough not to have the software glitches that so many are reporting. So far so good.
Try Auto 5.8Ghz to improve your range.

Are you mostly flying in calm conditions? The two things I know I'll have to compromise with getting a P4P is the wind warning and the horizon issue. It is extremely rare to see a P4P video with level horizon. It is very discouraging considering it can be accomplished with previous P3 birds. Something went drastically wrong with this gimbal and I really hope software can fix it. I actually wanted to order my p4p two weeks ago from drone nerds but they were out of stock. They got them back in stock last week and I ordered. My reasoning for waiting for them to restock instead of getting virtually anywhere else, including best buy down the road, was because I'm hoping fresh stock might be an indication of new builds and possible hardware tweaks and improvements. I'll see about that shortly when it arrives.
Hope springs eternal. I have been trying to find a good P4P since December. I'm now on my 9th bird and this one has terrible video glitches in 4K @60fps like all the others on the latest firmware--15 glitches in a 24 minute video on one battery, using multiple DJI approved microSD cards! Every prior bird either had gimbal flips, video glitches, squeaky gimbal noises, or crooked cameras which made the aircraft fly crooked when using FPV! The crooked horizons are another major problem with most of the P4P's, especially when flying sideways. Last good one finally developed a gimbal jitter after 25 flights and is in for repair. I, too, was hoping fresh stock would fix these issues, and have been "sampling" the stock for 6 months, trying to find two good ones! Newest ones are just as bad as the original ones from December! Nothing has changed! It's like ground hog day all over again! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hope springs eternal. I have been trying to find a good P4P since December. I'm now on my 9th bird and this one has terrible video glitches in 4K @60fps like all the others on the latest firmware--15 glitches in a 24 minute video on one battery, using multiple DJI approved microSD cards! Every prior bird either had gimbal flips, video glitches, squeaky gimbal noises, or crooked cameras which made the aircraft fly crooked when using FPV! The crooked horizons are another major problem with most of the P4P's, especially when flying sideways. Last good one finally developed a gimbal jitter after 25 flights and is in for repair. I, too, was hoping fresh stock would fix these issues, and have been "sampling" the stock for 6 months, trying to find two good ones! Newest ones are just as bad as the original ones from December! Nothing has changed! It's like ground hog day all over again! :rolleyes:
Mine arrives today. Thanks for the discouragement!

Mine arrives today. Thanks for the discouragement!
I'm not giving up. The P4P is DJI's best aircraft yet. The consistent 4+ mile range and 23-24 minute battery life and 100mbs 4K 60fps video is awesome when everything is working correctly! It's just a question of how many compromises need to be tolerated or worked around in post to clean up the hiccups. Early on, we were told the gimbal issues and video glitches would be fixed with firmware updates. When that failed, the remaining issues are clearly hardware related. Some, like the crooked camera, have DIY fixes. The gimbal is not nearly as robust as the P4P, and the new camera is experiencing growth pains and tweaks for 4K 60fps that may not have yet made it into production units. My DJI repaired "gimbal jitter" P4P arrives this week. It was great for 25 flights. Fingers crossed! :cool:

I had to replace two my third was a charm
I know they are out there!
DJI shouldn't make finding one so difficult!
Currently, it's like finding a diamond in the rough, but well worth the effort! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT