Handling issues

Reaction score
Hi.
Today after 15 minutes of flight phantom started turning left continuously.I had to turn it a little to right to control it.I landed change battery.and flight again.after 15 minutes the same .anyone had the same or similar problems?suggestions what to do?

Re: Handing issues

Hello,
Sounds like a calibration issue!

Possibly IMU, compass, and / or controller!

You'll need to hook to PC ASSISTANT!

To recalibrate IMU ( inertial measurement device ) this device takes readings from ( gyroscope ( spinning motion ), accelerometer ( forward-back-side/side, and up-down movements ) and finally compass ( where it is ( latitude, longitude, altitude ).

First hook to PC assistant
Look for ( TOOLS ) tab ( 4th tab over ) on top
Check your MOD VALUES ( modulus: another word for absolute value )
( Mod is a average taken from ( x,y,z axis )

Gyroscope should be : ( 0.0-1.5 ) if not RECALIBRATE IMU
Accelerometer should be : ( .98-1.02) if not RECALIBRATE IMU
Compass should be : ( 700-2400 ) if not RECALIBRATE IMU AND COMPASS

( IMPORTANT: keep phantom level ( front-back, and side-side ) with
No wobbling around ( good and stable ) before starting IMU calibration!
( it may say IMU too hot, just ignore and continue on! Mine ALWAYS says that
Even when I do it first! )

For your Tx ( controller )
Find BASIC TAB ( 2nd tab ) the RC ( sub-tab )
( calibrate controller )
Command sticks calibration
( a, e, t, r ) ( a= aileron, e= elevator, t= throttle, and r= rudder )
press start to start calibration, turn sticks to their farthest most points, then round and round every direction, then return to center, click finish! ( double check by moving sticks and letting go, green bars should be in center,( red line is center ( green line should be centered on red line ) if NOT recalibrate!

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

No Problem,
Just glad to help!

Keep is informed!

Take care, and Fly Safe!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Re: Απ: Handling issues

Hi again.I did the calibration .everything was ok but I recalibrate it again.and today I tried it.first battery everything was ok.I changed battery and after few minutes the same issues again.it started turning left alone.landed it .second try.after 2minutes the same again...so what's happening and it start turning left alone ?and sometimes do it after 10_15 minutes of flight sometimes after 2_3 minutes and sometimes everything is ok.my phantom is about one month old

You need to do advanced calibration, followed by stick calibration followed by compass dance/calibration.

You might have a faulty compass, or gyroscope!
Is it spinning left. ( like a record spins? ) Or flying to left
With no rotation? If no rotation might be accelerometer bad?
Sounds like something is getting hot and messing up?

You might want to TRY to contact DJI ( North America )
I get faster response times with them, than their international
Sister company!

See what they say?

What is weird , is usually you see calibration issues right away
And not after several minutes, also check for interference in your area,
Wifi, cell towers, high power lines, ect! Also keep in mind any magnets around the phantom,
Stereo speakers, car door speakers ( if you transport phantom in car ), anything
That can cause a mess up in calibration! Even a magnetic screwdriver , can possibly cause an
Issue! Sounds more like something gets warmed up, and is failing!

IMU ( inertial measurement unit ) takes averages from:
Accelerometer ( up-down, left-right, and forward-backwards movements
&
Gyroscope: ( spinning movement ) like a record spins
And finally
Compass: ( longitude, latitude, and altitude ) where phantom is in space, also tells where true north is.

Could possibly be any combination of above items, have you opened up the phantom shell?
To look for loose connections? Also check connection on MAGNETOMETER ( magnetic compass )?

I would exhaust all options before returning, or sending for repair!
Might be something simple?

Please keep us updated! Take care, Fly safe!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

It's spinning left. But it's nothing with area.first flight in the same area was fine.second flight started spinning left.never crashed before never opened .and don't do it all the time.It's start suddenly spinning left after a good flight.does it matter that I had phantom on but in stand by for a long time before I flight it?about 40 min phantom was on with engines off .after 40minutes I flight it and first minutes was ok after started spinning left

With it sitting for 40 minutes or more, you might be overheating IMU, causing issues with calibration.

Let it cool down, and try flying , as soon as you have home lock, a few minutes after startup!
So turn on, wait for home lock, fly. See if Any issues? If not, then possibly a heat issue, as with any
CPU, they run really hot anyhow!

I agree above,
Do a fresh IMU ( advanced calibration ) keep level and stable while performing cal.
Then Tx calibration
Then before first flight, fresh compass calibration
( NOTE: when doing compass cal, SLOW, STEADY, LEVEL ROTATIONS IS BEST
No need to race through it, you have plenty of time

Turn everything on ( controller, extender, phantom, iPhone )
Connect to wifi
Enter calibration mode
Pick phantom up off the ground about 1 foot up keeping it level ( spin 360 degrees around )
Yellow lights turn green
Flip phantom so front ( camea ) is facing ground ( 360 spin again )
Now light will go to
Blinking yellow ( less than 6 satellites )
Blinking green ( more than 6 satellites ) and home lock

Fly! ( I know you probably already know this, but just in case ) some people rush through
Calibration, not getting accurate reading!

I'd try that first, if still an issue, open it up, and inspect EVERYTHING, pinched wires, loose connections, ect!

Then ( if all else fails ) return, or send in for repair ( could be faulty circuit, or bad solder joint
Somewhere? ) I'm no tech, let our friends at DJI deal with the issue, as they are experts, and have the necessary
Equipment, to diagnose electronic circuits!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

I noticed that it start spinning when I set tild control with movement.when it's off everything works fine.I have android phone and version 1,40. I 'll try to install a previous version .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl