Ha ha. You can actually buy this.

I guess I’m going to get into a fight here. :)

To start with I think the big huge FAA lettering followed by the much smaller lettering completing the sentencing appears to be a little bit buffy. ;-). Like trying to look a little too official.

The do not disturb part isn’t a bad idea. But does one really need to advertise that they are licensed? These are just my opinions. I know people will disagree but hopefully not take offense. But my personal style wouldn’t feel the need to brag that I’m licensed. Maybe I’m missing a good reason to put that on your back. But as someone else pointed out, there is no validation that it’s true. It just feels to me like a dose of self importance. Doesn’t make the wearer a bad person. But different things strike different people funny.

So true. On point with that statement.

It’s considered a best practice here, along with eye and head protection. Ours just say “UAS Pilot Do Not Disturb”, it does greatly. Reduce the number of people coming up with questions

What in heavens would you need a hard hat and safety glasses for to operate a drone?

Reactions: GadgetGuy
What in heavens would you need a hard hat and safety glasses for to operate a drone?

I flew a job at a rock quarry, scanning stockpiles. It was required to have steel toed boots , hi-vis vest, safety glasses, hard hat, and mouth guard. Nah, no mouth guard. If you’re working, it’s part of work.

Reactions: BigAl07
a lot of people are confusing flying a drone for recreation and flying one for work. I wear a vest and have a hard hat available if in need one when I fly my drone for my business. when I'm flying for fun I dont wear one.

Reactions: BigAl07
How about gloves?

An interesting article:

drone dangers, risks and injuries

And there's a fun thread right here:

Worst horror stories of Phantom injuries

Of course plenty of folks use power tools every day and nothing ever happens. The tool doesn't slip, the bit or blade doesn't break, or stuff happens but the shrapnel goes someplace harmless.

Until it doesn't.

Take your risks, live your life. Or take some basic precautions.

Whatever.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Why aren't window seats selling well anymore on airplanes? :eek: :p
Must be everyone believes in Black Swan events, and statistical probabilities be ****** :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I flew a job at a rock quarry, scanning stockpiles. It was required to have steel toed boots , hi-vis vest, safety glasses, hard hat, and mouth guard. Nah, no mouth guard. If you’re working, it’s part of work.
That I understand. :cool:

HEY! Wait a minute! Nobody mentioned what color were the Spanish prostitutes vests! ah.... er..... never mind.

Unless this vest covers some type of legal liability issue then its just braggadocios. I would think it would attract attention, not avoid it.

I've never seen that word before, a quick Google and I learned it actually is a word! There was some learning going on today.

Reactions: bsartist
At the moment I use a regular safety vest without any, um, presumptuous, writing or labeling on it, and even that does seem to help. Honestly it's amazing what you can get away with in general when you're wearing a safety vest. You can up the cred ante a bit with a well-worn hard hat. If you find one on the side of a highway that bounced out of the bed of a truck, it's probably perfect.
Yep .... As a pilot, either "hide" ... or "stick out like a sore thumb"! Both work! :)

Seems like some have not been on projects for clients inside major Petro chemcal facilities, offshore vessels/installations or major electrical/power facilities. Standard PPE (personal protective equipment) required by personnel to enter the restricted facilities includes (but not limited to)
Hi vis vests with lettering identifying your company and position.
Hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots.
FRC (fire retardant clothing) coveralls or clothing.
These items are our standard attire required by clients to work for them pretty much anytime, anywhere. Failure of any one in your group to have all their PPE can result in you and your company being run off from a job, no questions asked.
That's the reality of working for major companies inside their facilities here in the South or out in the field.

Reactions: Cellblock776
Seems like some have not been on projects for clients inside major Petro chemcal facilities, offshore vessels/installations or major electrical/power facilities. Standard PPE (personal protective equipment) required by personnel to enter the restricted facilities includes (but not limited to)
These items are our standard attire required by clients to work for them pretty much anytime, anywhere. Failure of any one in your group to not have all their PPE can result in you and your company being run off from a job, no questions asked.
That's the reality of working for major companies inside their facilities here in the South or out in the field.

These items are our standard attire required by clients to work for them pretty much anytime, anywhere. Failure of any one in your group to have all their PPE can result in you and your company being run off from a job, no questions asked.
Seems like some have not read my countless comments in this thread stating that it was about the braggadocious / pretentious lettering. Not the use of a high viz vest - to which I acknowledged validity. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing