Ground station next week ?

Reaction score
This guys a DJI. BetA tester. He's been testing it for awhile.

Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
The App should be released some time next week. If it is delayed please don't shoot the messenger.

Well that answers your topic then. Don't shoot the messenger if he is wrong :p
DJI says alot of things but....DJI remains DJI ^^

Mori55 said:
But you never know with updates , you never know With updates.

True, but I suspect that any update to add the POI will be as forthcoming as the tilt lever. :(
As Tahoe ED (the DJI rep) said, it would be unfair to add it to the GS (lite) when it was paid for by people buying the A2 and WKM.
The A2 itself is like $1400, so ......... I agree with Tahoe Ed, not very likely to happen with GS (lite) as a free upgrade.

Flyer91 said:
Mori55 said:
But you never know with updates , you never know With updates.

True, but I suspect that any update to add the POI will be as forthcoming as the tilt lever. :(
As Tahoe ED (the DJI rep) said, it would be unfair to add it to the GS (lite) when it was paid for by people buying the A2 and WKM.
The A2 itself is like $1400, so ......... I agree with Tahoe Ed, not very likely to happen with GS (lite) as a free upgrade.
I rember with the naza V1 or V 2 I don't rember they said the same thing about wanting WKM features , that it wasn't fair since they paid so much more for that. Well we got a lot of them eventually!

No way to set speed to get to next waypoint or camera orientation? This is a featherweight version. What's the point?

gfredrone said:
No way to set speed to get to next waypoint or camera orientation? This is a featherweight version. What's the point?
Making a promise true. Nothing more ^^
Well actually making it true for half, since they didn't make the planned release date by FAR xD

Am I missing something here?? I dont see where an updated version of either ground station or the dji app are available in the iTunes app store......

gfredrone said:

Yeah, I could understand it if you were simply sport/leisure flying, as it's a sort of cool novelty for that, and maybe some other similar uses, but for platform that's is fore-mostly a flying camera, and as promising as the Vision might eventually become, it's really not value added at all.

Hopefully Mori55's points will be realized, and it will be offered with POI in some form for the Vision .... even if (and I know some don't want to see this in print) we have to pay a bit for it, to keep it fair to the people that paid for the A2/WKM.

But then ...... I'm also willing to pay in the $2K to $2.5K range to get a vision-like, smart battery flight time, tilt camera lever, full GS version, having a H3-3D gimbal, and a camera that's as capable as the rumored new/upcoming GoPro HD with Raw.

Not asking or expecting a free lunch, but instead a product that has the best features of the Vision (and that's a tad better than the current "luck of the draw" on getting a good one ... which do believe is also forthcoming) and a more prosumer camera to bridge the gap between the current $1300 Vision and up to $9K+ for a complete top of the line RTF S1000.

From what i understand you can set the speed , fast or slow. I don't understand if you if you want gopro quality , h3 gimbal , why not get the p2 H3 with fpv ? B&H photo has them ?
I'm not feeling sorry for the A2/wkM , that's a whole different level there. If you want a pro rig why don't you just buy one?
Some of us are pretty happy with the + , I would rather have dji fix the bugs first before the move on.

Mori55 said:
From what i understand you can set the speed , fast or slow. I don't understand if you if you want gopro quality , h3 gimbal , why not get the p2 H3 with fpv ? B&H photo has them ?
I'm not feeling sorry for the A2/wkM , that's a whole different level there. If you want a pro rig why don't you just buy one?
Some of us are pretty happy with the + , I would rather have dji fix the bugs first before the move on.

Actually that's sort of what I'm saying ... whether it's new version of the Vision, or a the P2 that has the the full GS features, lever tilt and priced in the huge gap between any of the sub $1500 Phantoms and the 'up to $9K+' of the S1000 as a complete system (with comparable pro-level camera) I would welcome it and be wiling to pay for an upper level prosumer/lower level pro .... flying camera system, that has the flight time of the Phantoms' smart battery and fully programmable autonomous fight 'with' camera control.
I would hope they could do that in a $2-2.5K price range, as an off the shelf, RTF package.

Currently neither the P2/P2V/Plus have all that and the S800/S1000 (in addition to being more pro than what I need) only provide an advertised 15 min flight time.

And yup, I certainly agree .... they gotta get the bugs worked somewhat better for me to buy anything DJI right now.

But can't you buy the P2 with a h3 gimbal and gopro with full Fpv and add the ground station ? I see these setups from different vendors in the price range your talking about. **** the channel 7 was something we already had and they took it way.
I really don't think dji will release this app without adding more features in time. Let's face it they need us as the beta testers !

Mori55 said:
But can't you buy the P2 with a h3 gimbal and gopro with full Fpv and add the ground station ? I see these setups from different vendors in the price range your talking about. **** the channel 7 was something we already had and they took it way.
I really don't think dji will release this app without adding more features in time. Let's face it they need us as the beta testers !

Unfortunately no.
When I asked about it on the other forum, the DJI GS rep reported that the P2 GS doesn't have POI, and that DJI currently doesn't have a product that has the Vision/P2 features with full GS features. :(
When I asked about gutting a P2 and adding an A2 to get it all, I was quickly told that is would be overkill and I'd be ge first person to try it. So ........ :?: :?:

neoneo: Although it's app based, it might require the latest firmware version to work. :?: :?:

Mori55, I missed your "beta test" part.
That's so true!! :) And probably the main focus of the data logging feature that's been announced in the latest version manual.
Like I said ... "a spy in your eye it the sky! ;)

After seeing the features list and discussing with the DJI guys, the waypoint feature is about as useful as a mouse turd. Even the downlink system for the v2 doesn't even have basic functions like a panning mode or the ability to set the direction of the copter. If you want any useful automated function, you have to drop $1,300 on an A2 controller. I can see a few basic examples of what people will use it for, but by and large, it seems way more gimmicky than useful.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl