Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Green WiFi light on and off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FriscoSpices, Jun 27, 2014.

1. FriscoSpices

Ok I crashed my pv2 into a tree and since then the wifi signal light goes green sometimes but will turn off or go red. I can tap on the 3.5mm plug and it will start up green again but then turns off after a min or less. I cleaned out the female ens and cleaned the male side but it still wont keep connected

2. FriscoSpices

Really this is a first nobody has had this happen

3. stiofan

Hi there,

Sounds like the lead is damaged, it connects the camera to the main board inside the quad, same as mine - I had same symptoms, but board is a bit toasted.

Unplug the lead and check it hasn't sheared or stretched anywhere and if you're comfortable with doing so - check inside the main board (not hard to to) - for my quids worth sounds like the cable is the issue as it has 4 wires inside.
    Two handle power and the other two wifi and battery stats.

Cheers

4. FriscoSpices

I ordered the cable with the 3.5mm plug. I hope thats it. I requested a warrenty service from DJI US but have been just getting no where with that. 1 email response with a request number but no further contact. Is there a trick to get them to warranty service the drone??

5. stiofan

Yep that's the lead you need - you'll have to open the shell to fix it to the board - just keep all off when doing that.
    I now have to replace the main board on mine - just popped a diode beside the connector - i simply turned it on and pop!
    DJI who? don't want to know...